Sinners and the Sea: The Untold Story of…

Sinners and the Sea: The Untold Story of Noah's Wife

by Rebecca Kanner

Won this in a Goodreads giveaway! This looks like it will be a good novel to a famous Bible story.
  jljaina | May 16, 2015 |
Born with a disfiguring birthmark on her face, the unnamed girl child faces a life of prejudice and fear in her small desert village. Abandoned by her mother, and raised by her father, none will draw near for fear of her demon-like powers. With no hope for her future or for marriage, no one is more surprised than she when her father gives her in marriage to a 600 year old man named Noah.

Read the rest of my review on my blog. Are you following it/me yet? Enter your email address on the bottom right, and receive my full reviews in your inbox. Now, on to your regularly scheduled review: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/sinners-and-the-sea-an-untold... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
Fabulous story.

To oversimplify, it is a tale told through the eyes of Noah's unnamed wife. She tells of her childhood when she was shunned as a'demon', so called due to a port wine stain on her forehead. She tells of the sacrifice her father made raising and caring for 'a demon child' as a single parent, and finally her life as a wife, woman and mother.

An unvarnished look at herself and others. Life in a sinful town, living with sinful individuals. The characters in this story seem real. Noah himself can only be described as angry and fanatical in his dealings with others for God. He would never admit it, but he feels superior to others because he is the one chosen to show others the way of God.

Noah and wife's children are very different individuals, as brothers are, with unique personalities. I can't say I truly 'liked' any of the boys. The townsfolk are far more interesting. They are a sinful lot who kill, pillage and destroy, however, some of them are more fascinating than Noah and his family.

When they finally get around to building the ark, the town residents constantly jeer and call them crazy. They constantly attempt to stop Noah from building.

My favorite part of this novel is the character development we see of Noah's wife. She who has no name grows as an individual, she strengthens and, in my opinion, has more moral fiber than Noah. We see the sins of everyone, even herself, through her eyes.

The book is slow moving, but definitely worth the wait. It must have been somewhat difficult to write, having very little information about Noah's wife from Biblical writings.

I must admit, I love the cover. Beautiful picture. Does she finally get a name? Just read and find out. ( )
  ljldml | Apr 19, 2014 |
This is my first book that I have read by this author. When I had the chance to review this book, I jumped at the opportunity as I was curious to read the "untold" story of Noah's wife. Everyone who is familiar with the Bible knows who Noah is and if they were not thanks to the new movie featuring Russell Crowe as Noah, they soon will be familiar with Noah. Although, I myself would rather stick with reading the Bible to learn the true story of Noah. Not that I have seen the movie.

Well anyways, this book gives Noah's wife her own voice and chance to be in the spotlight. This book is spilt into 2 books or sections. This first section focuses on who Noah's wife is, where she came from, and how she came to be Noah's wife. The second section is when the big storm arrives and when the story for me really picked up and got interesting. The author really did tell this story in cinematic details as if ripped from the pages of the Bible. ( )
  Cherylk | Apr 12, 2014 |
Review to come. ( )
  CherieReads | Sep 23, 2013 |

The story of Noah's wife that blends Biblical history, mythology, and the inimitable strength of women.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,185,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible