Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes

Wemberly Worried

by Kevin Henkes

2,2001062,948 (4.15)6
Recently added bycesdemo, SFC.Library, Keelz09

wemberly worried all the time about everything. wemberly had to go to school and she worried all the way there. when at school wemberly makes a friend jewel and they spent all day at school together and she worried less.
3 books
  TUCC | Nov 11, 2016 |
This book is about a little mouse girl who worries about everything. She is so nervous about going to school but she meets a girl that is just like her and they become friends. This book has great pictures and children will love the story. ( )
  ceh4115 | Nov 10, 2016 |
In this cute little book, Wemberly worried about everything. She worried about the tree falling on her house to the noise the radiator made. However, there was one thing that Wemberly worried about the most, school. When she got to school, there was a girl just like her. She brought a doll to school just like Wemberly, and she even appeared to be worried. The two starting talking and spent the entire day together. When it was time for Lilly to go home, she told the teacher that she would be back the next day, and of course, she had to tell the teacher not to worry. Wemberly probably still worries, but at least she will worry a little bit less at school. This book would be really great to read to my students on the very first day of school. Everyone worries about things from time to time, but we can't let worrying ruin our day. ( )
  Sierra.Coupel | Oct 13, 2016 |
"Wemberly Worried" is about a mouse named Wemberly who finds herself worrying about many things. She worries about big things, small things, and everything in between. Her parents comfort her when they see that she needs it and she also finds comfort in the little stuffed animal, named Petal, that she has. Then, Wemberly starts school and a whole new set of worries start. When she walks into her class though, her teacher, Mrs. Peachum, introduces her to another student. Wemberly then meets Jewel, who worries just as much as she does, and this makes them bond. Their friendship ends up helping Wemberly come out of her shell more and she ends up taking more chances at having fun with the other students. At the end, we see Wemberly become less worried and more confident. Overall, this book was wonderful to read. I found myself relating to Wemberly because I suffer from anxiety. Wemberly's experience reminded me of my own childhood anxiety and how I was always worrying about everything as well. Reading this book made me wish I could have read this when I was younger because I bet it would have helped me to feel less alone back then. This is also the reason why I would definitely read this to my future students one day. I would want to inform my students about the subject of anxiety and that being anxious isn't something to be ashamed of. I would teach them that it's important to find comfort with ourselves by reaching out for help and doing activities that help them worry less, like Wemberly has. ( )
  goreyes | Sep 29, 2016 |
This book tells the story of Wemberly, a little mouse who worried about everything all the time. Wemberly’s worries increase as she contemplates heading off to nursery school with her faithful doll petal. She worries about the other kids, the teacher, and everything until she meets a friend with a faithful doll who is just like her. Then, well, she still worries, only not so much.
  paulaboy | Aug 4, 2016 |
For Phyllis, who never worries
Wemberly worried about everything.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0688170277, Hardcover)

Wemberly the mouse worries about everything: big things, like whether her parents might disappear in the middle of the night; little things, like whether she'll spill grape juice on her toy rabbit, Petal; and things in between, like whether she might shrink in the bathtub. What she is more worried about than anything else, however, is her first day at the New Morning Nursery School: "What if no one else has spots? What if no one else wears stripes? What if no one else brings a doll? What if the teacher is mean? What if the room smells bad?" Happily, Miss Peachum introduces her to a kindred spirit right away. Jewel doesn't have spots, but she is wearing stripes and holding a doll. As Wemberly plays with her new friend, she still worries, but no more than usual. ("And sometimes even less.")

Kevin Henkes, well-loved creator of the award-winning Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse, gets to the heart of a child's feelings like no one else can. Young worrywarts (and their parents) will see themselves in Wemberly, and be relieved that she, too, worries about playground equipment ("Too rusty. Too loose. Too high."), sure-to-be-inhabited cracks in the wall, whether she will be the only butterfly in the Halloween parade, and, of course, whether school will be dreadful in every way. Henkes's Lilly-style illustrations are sweet, expressive, and loaded with funny, inventive details that invite close perusal with every reading. (Wemberly's roller-blading grandma, for example, is wearing a T-shirt that says "Go with the flow.") We're not worried about whether this book will become a classic--it will! (Ages 4 to 8) --Karin Snelson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:16 -0400)

A mouse named Wemberly, who worries about everything, finds that she has a whole list of things to worry about when she faces the first day of nursery school.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,733,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible