Just Imagine

by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

The War Between the States may be over for the rest of the country, but not for Kit Weston. Disguised as a boy, she's come to New York City to kill Baron Cain, the man who stands between her and Risen Glory, the South Carolina home she loves. But unknown to Kit, the Yankee war hero is more than her bitterest enemy-he's also her guardian. And he'll be a lot harder to kill than she's figured on . . . Believing that Kit's a boy, Cain offers the grubby rapscallion a job in his stable. But he has no idea what he's in for, and it's not long before the hero of Missionary Ridge discovers the truth. His scamp of a stable boy is a strong-willed, violet-eyed beauty who's hell-bent on driving him crazy. Two hard-headed, passionate people . . . Two stubborn opponents with tender souls . . . Sometimes wars of the heart can only be won through the sweetest of surrenders.… (more)

English (9)  Spanish (1)  All languages (10)
"3 out of 5 stars! I don't read many historical romances (or if I do most are set in England, not America), but for the setting I feel this book was very cute and true to that time period ... while sticking to how this author writes her stories best! I was kind of..."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/07/made-grade-just-imagine-by-su... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Feb 11, 2019 |
I have read almost every book by SEP and this has been the only one that I haven't liked. She is one of my favorite authors which is why I had to forced myself to finish it. I could not stand the heroine and wanted to kill her the entire book. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
opustajuce,intrigantna ljubavna prica o maloj divljoj zeni Juga i zgodnom, bescudnom Sjevernjaku...o njihovoj vreloj pozudi i strasti... ( )
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
I think every other Susan Elizabeth Phillips book i've read, I've given 5 stars - maybe some got 4, but not too many, I love them, every one - until now. It is the last book of hers I've read and it's one of the oldest I think. I don't know whether she hadn't yet found her voice, if I just don't like the setting and time period, or it's really just not as good as her others - whichever, I just wasn't very fond of it. I'm not a fan of historical novels so that's one down side. Usually Susan's books are very funny - this one was not, although there were some cute parts. I'm so glad that this was the last of her books that I read - had it been the first, I wouldn't have picked up a second. ( )
  suzyblack | May 17, 2015 |
This historical romance had an exciting beginning and plenty of action that moved right along but the animosity between the hero and heroine went on a bit too long with not enough re-building of the relationship. Disguised as a boy, Kit goes to New York City to kill Baron Cain.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
3 out of 5 stars! I don't read many historical romances (or if I do most are set in England, not America), but for the setting I feel this book was very cute and true to that time period ... while sticking to how this author writes her stories best! I was kind of disappointed with how the characters played out the situations ... and the ending felt a little too rushed. But all in all since from what I've read this was the authors first books, I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of hers like I am! =0)

Review By: From Me to You ... Video, Photography, & Book Reviews

Susan Elizabeth Phillipsprimary authorall editionscalculated
McMurdo-Wallis, CristineReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Darius, Beatesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Is an expanded version of

The old street vendor noticed him at once, for the boy was out of place in the crowd of well-dressed stockbrokers and bankers who thronged the streets of lower Manhatten.
PART ONE
A Stable Boy
Just Imagine is a rewritten book (pub 2001), originally titled Risen Glory (pub 1984)

The War Between the States may be over for the rest of the country, but not for Kit Weston. Disguised as a boy, she's come to New York City to kill Baron Cain, the man who stands between her and Risen Glory, the South Carolina home she loves. But unknown to Kit, the Yankee war hero is more than her bitterest enemy—he's also her guardian. And he'll be a lot harder to kill than she's figured on . . .

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,656,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible