The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

The Infinite Moment of Us (edition 2013)

by Lauren Myracle (Author)

As high school graduation nears, Wren Gray is surprised to connect with gentle Charlie Parker, a boy with a troubled past who has loved her for years, while she considers displeasing her parents for the first time and changing the plans for her future.
Member:mfeddern
Title:The Infinite Moment of Us
Authors:Lauren Myracle (Author)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2013), Edition: First Edition, 336 pages

The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle

Another YA book that I'm conflicted about as a librarian. I liked the story, more or less, and it was in many ways a sweet tale of first love. However, given that YA is so often read by late elementary school and early middle school aged kids, and that Lauren Myracle tends to have a younger following due to the success of her children's books, I thought the level of sexual explicitness was a bit beyond the pale. I've seen the Infinite Moment of Us compared to Forever, but I recently re-read Forever, and Judy Blume doesn't come even remotely close to using the kind of language Myracle uses here. So, The Infinite Moment of Us is a YA story that has Adult cross-over appeal, but it's also one that makes me think it's time for libraries and bookstores to embrace the New Adult category and give it its own section. Books like this one are fine, but they need a new place to call home, where 10- and 11-year-olds are less likely to find them. ( )
  CaitlinMcC | Jul 11, 2021 |
Nothing new. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
The plot sounded awesome. And this book was sooo great... Until about 3/4 of the way and something happened (wont give away anything) and the book became something different. It was a great read but started focusing on something that i felt was uneeded in a Ya novel. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
For Jerome and Ginger
It was all ending: high school.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,467,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible