Champion by Marie Lu

Champion (edition 2014)

by Marie Lu (Author)

Series: Legend (3)

"June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic--and each other--and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic's border cities"--
Member:joyfulsoda
Title:Champion
Authors:Marie Lu (Author)
Info:Speak (2014), Edition: Reprint, 416 pages

Work Information

Champion by Marie Lu

Divergent by Veronica Roth (StefanieGeeks)
    StefanieGeeks: Dystopian thriller romance in an alternate America.

Another good book from a series I initially didn't think I would like. I enjoy June and Day's relationship and was happy to see it get stronger. This one gets a more twisty and yet, finally, ends up fine. Are we sure there isn't going to be another series...?

Only downside was the red writing for Day. It was hard for this "older" reader to see well. :) ( )
  BarbF410 | May 22, 2022 |
Meh. The saga continues. The drama of two people not speaking to each other and angsting over it likewise. It's not terrible, but I didn't feel like I would have missed out on anything had I missed this not so thrilling conclusion to a very excellently begun series. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
This was an action-packed adventure that kept us in twists and turns all the way through. Marie Lu tells a very exciting tale, and I loved the way she dangled Day and June's fates with that of the Republic's. The development of their characters has been wonderful to read, and I loved Day's slow shift from a boy who would do anything to destroy the Republic to what he has become in this book, the guerilla fighter who would sacrifice everything to save it and those he loves. Tess made a great recovery, which was great to see! Loved the continued development of the world and the secondary characters. A delightful trilogy. Highly recommended.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
This series kept getting better and better! The ending was satisfying without being too predictable. I'd recommend this series to fans of YA fiction. ( )
  LREnglishTeach | Jan 3, 2022 |
  LREnglishTeach | Jan 3, 2022 |
For my readers
Out of all the disguises I’ve worn, this one might be my favorite.
Not part of the Claudy Conn Legend series.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,362,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible