Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0) by Scott…

Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0) (edition 2014)

by Scott Meyer (Author)

Series: Magic 2.0 (1)

An io9 Can't Miss Science Fiction and Fantasy title in March 2014.Martin Banks is just a normal guy who has made an abnormal discovery: he can manipulate reality, thanks to reality being nothing more than a computer program. With every use of this ability, though, Martin finds his little "tweaks" have not escaped notice. Rather than face prosecution, he decides instead to travel back in time to the Middle Ages and pose as a wizard. What could possibly go wrong? An American hacker in King Arthur's court, Martin must now train to become a full-fledged master of his powers, discover the truth behind the ancient wizard Merlin...and not, y'know, die or anything.… (more)
Member:brunosooty
Title:Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0)
Authors:Scott Meyer (Author)
Info:47North (2014), 372 pages
Collections:Disc 1, Your library

Off to Be the Wizard by Scott Meyer (Author)

Quirky, totally fun. A combination of "magic", time travel and computer programming in a delightfully told story. ( )
  JohnKaess | Jul 23, 2020 |
I disagreed with the premise of this book. Using technology back in the medieval times? Nah. Not my cup of tea. ( )
  cgfaulknerog | May 28, 2020 |
Very dry, crisp humor - and it's definitely funny! The writing occasionally seems a bit blunt, but maybe I've been reading too much epic fantasy. ( )
  avonar | May 27, 2020 |
Dnf ( )
  Alevis | May 17, 2020 |
It's amusing, there's a lot of humor, but it's too campy for my taste. Still, I was having fun, more or less, until it took me back to the Middle Ages, at which point I quickly stopped caring.
  mvayngrib | Mar 22, 2020 |

Meyer, ScottAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Daniels, LukeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Terror.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,681,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible