Battle Bunny by Jon Scieszka

Battle Bunny

by Jon Scieszka, Mac Barnett, Matthew Myers (Illustrator)

Hilarious!!! I only didn't give it five stars because I don't think I'd feel comfortable reading it to younger children. It's pretty violent. But upper elementary kids and older would probably get a kick out of it. And I think other adults will find it funny too.
I loved how it really looked like a cheesy kids book that had been altered by someone with an eraser and pen and pencil. I read each page ignoring the alterations and for the most part, the "original" story sounds legit which makes it even funnier. ( )
  wrightja2000 | Sep 6, 2018 |
Difficult to read, but a clever concept.
  aratiel | Sep 5, 2018 |
Gran, Gran gave Alex a cheesy book about a little bunny for his birthday. Clearly, Alex is too old for such a silly story. But why waste a perfectly good book? Alex changes the story to be MUCH more exciting!
This book reminded me so much of my brothers. I am definitely buying copies of this book to give to them to read to their kids!
This book has been nominated for a Beehive Book Award. I don't doubt a bit that it will win that award.
  mollypitchermary | Oct 11, 2017 |
Fiction Book. This book would be great to use when you are going over revising, editing, and expanding on ideas. Students get to see what the revising and editing process looks like through this book.
  Shelby-L | Sep 19, 2017 |
A child named Alex has greatly improved an otherwise typical and frankly lame children's book called Birthday Bunny. It's terribly clever and very convincing. And not something I think I could have come across on my own, so it's a good thing I have book-loving friends to share these sorts of things with me. ( )
  melydia | Jun 2, 2017 |

Jon Scieszkaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnett, Macmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Myers, MatthewIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Alex, whose birthday it is, hijacks a story about Birthday Bunny on his special day and turns it into a battle between a supervillain and his enemies in the forest--who, in the original story, are simply planning a surprise party.

Jon Scieszka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,157,456 books! | Top bar: Always visible