Battle Bunny by Jon Scieszka

Battle Bunny (edition 2013)

by Jon Scieszka (Author)

Alex, whose birthday it is, hijacks a story about Birthday Bunny on his special day and turns it into a battle between a supervillain and his enemies in the forest--who, in the original story, are simply planning a surprise party.
Member:sharpsounds
Title:Battle Bunny
Authors:Jon Scieszka (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: First Edition, 32 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**

Work Information

Battle Bunny by Jon Scieszka

I don’t remember where I saw the recommendation for this book, but thank you, unknown book reviewer, for introducing me to this stinkin’ adorable, yet subversive, little children’s book.

The book is presented as a sickly sweet kiddie book about a birthday bunny who wanders sadly around the forest, meeting various friends who don’t seem to care that it’s his birthday, until *surprise* they have a party for him and HEA. Except that Alex has no use for this gift book from Grandma, and he “improves” it with his own story, turning Birthday Bunny into Battle Bunny and his birthday quest into an evil plan for world destruction that must be foiled by… superhero Alex!

I so want to get this for my little great-nephew, but am unsure when it would be age-appropriate for him, as it clearly requires a kid old enough to get the joke. The cover indicates ages 5-9 and he just started kindergarten, so... maybe for his next birthday?
  Doodlebug34 | Jan 1, 2024 |
What a great idea! I'm surprised no one has thought to do this before. ( )
  fernandie | Sep 15, 2022 |
Loved this book!!! I’m going to have to get it for my nephews. Laughed so hard while reading!!! ( )
  dabutkus | Sep 4, 2022 |
Bwahahahaha! This book is brilliant, excellent, totally violently silly in the way that middle school boys tell stories. Also a marvellous example of creativity with found objects, and a nice choice I think for reluctant readers. ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Literally laugh out loud funny, this book suited my little guy's sense of humor perfectly! ( )
  mbellucci | Apr 10, 2021 |

Jon Scieszkaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barnett, Macmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Myers, MatthewIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Jon Scieszka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,339,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible