The Complete Poems: 1927-1979 by Elizabeth…

The Complete Poems: 1927-1979 (original 1983; edition 1983)

by Elizabeth Bishop (Author)

This book gathers the work of three decades of one Americans's leading poets. It includes a group of translations of two contemporary Brazilian poets, Carlos Drummond de Andrade and Joao Cabral de Melo Neto.
Member:Laura_Liebe
Title:The Complete Poems: 1927-1979
Authors:Elizabeth Bishop (Author)
Info:Farrar, Straus and Giroux (1983), 287 pages
Tags:to-read

The complete poems, 1927–1979 by Elizabeth Bishop (1983)

kjuh
mun.u.88m98u yo uu...8 ( )
  GiGiGo | Feb 5, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
I felt that these poems left me uninspired and were lacking in the things that make poetry, for me, great. There was no great imagery, admirable passages, and sentient contemplation. Therefore, it was hard for me to enjoy the poems and I felt that this was more of a chore to read than something of fulfillment and enjoyment. For this reason, I give it a low ranking.

2 stars. ( )
  DanielSTJ | Aug 5, 2019 |
Maybe the best American poet of the 20th century. I'm trying to memorize these. ( )
  Eoin | Jun 3, 2019 |
Elizabeth Bishop is not just a good poet but a great one. Bishop accomplished the magical illumination of the ordinary, forcing us to examine our surroundings with the freshness of the friendly alien.
  PendleHillLibrary | Apr 30, 2019 |
"The Complete Poems, 1927–1979" is not the same as the 1969 volume "The Complete Poems". Please do not combine the two.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,881,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible