De Bello Civili Book 1

by Lucan

Series: De Bello Civili (Book 1)

18None961,645NoneNone
This edition is of Book I of Lucan's epic poem, De Bello Civili, sometimes also known as the Pharsalia, a great work of the Silver Age of Latin literature. Book I summarises the background to the civil war between Caesar and Pompey and takes the narrative as far as Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon and the outbreak of panic in the city of Rome, including many signs and portents. This edition includes an extensive introduction, the Latin text, notes on the text, critical apparatus and index. Published in association with Cambridge University Press.… (more)

No reviews

Lucanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Getty, R. J.Editorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Latin edition of the first book of Lucan's De Bello Civil.

Average: No ratings.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,241,261 books! | Top bar: Always visible