The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against…

The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ (edition 2013)

by Roger Stone (Author), Mike Colapietro (Primary Contributor)

Stone knows that Lyndon Johnson murdered President John F. Kennedy. Combining decades of insider political knowledge with cutting edge JFK assassination research, he lays out the case that Lyndon Johnson manipulated the situation in Dallas on November 22, 1963, and murdered Kennedy as he murdered numerous other victims along the way. LBJ was not just shooting his way into the White House, he was avoiding political ruin and prosecution and jail for corruption at the hands of the Kennedys.… (more)
Member:earthwind
Title:The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ
Authors:Roger Stone (Author)
Other authors:Mike Colapietro (Primary Contributor)
Info:Skyhorse (2013), First Edition: 7th printing, hardbound, dj, 686 pp
Rating:***
Tags:Truth, assassination, CIA, VP

The Man Who Killed Kennedy: The Case Against LBJ by Roger Stone

Well written with lots of facts of that terrible day in Dallas, like the saying goes, everything is a rich man's trick, starting at the top of our government begin with LBJ, then Nixon, Ford, Carter and probably the worst were the father and son, Bush's. I should probably look over my shoulder now, I could be next. ( )
  Gatorhater | Feb 27, 2016 |
Last fall was the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President Kennedy, and a plethora of books considering the tragedy were published. I bought several, and read three of them earlier this spring.

The Kennedy Half Century by Larry J. Sabato, JFK and the Unspeakable by James W. Douglass, and The Man Who Killed Kennedy by Roger Stone.

I was never a conspiracy-theorist, but as more and more secret evils the US government has perpetrated become known, the more inclined I am to believe that we do not have the whole story of the Kennedy assassination. For the most part, these three books relate much of the same evidence (and there is a lot) indicating that there is reason to believe that Oswald did not act alone. The Sabato book is more cautious in the conclusions it draws, and does debunk, or at least question, some of the witnesses the other two books accept at face value.

All three books agree that the Warren Commission was rushed and deeply flawed. LBJ began pushing for a quick conclusion to the investigation almost immediately after the assassination, and at the onset of the hearings made it clear that the commission had to find that Oswald acted alone. There may have been good reason for this--there was some justified fear that if there was any reason to believe that if Cuba, the USSR, or Communists were believed to be involved in any way, some trigger-happy generals would gladly resort to nuclear weapons in revenge. Nevertheless, the consensus of the books is that most of the problems created by the Warren Commission's sloppiness cannot at this late date be corrected.

The Douglass and Stone books both conclude that the CIA was deeply implicated in the assassination, and Stone goes one step further and lays the blame primarily on LBJ. As noted, all three books present ample evidence that Oswald did not act alone, although Sabato cautions that the evidence is not conclusive--merely that it exists and is left unexplained by the Warren Commission. The other two books accept the conclusion that Oswald did not act alone, and may have been a pawn. Both present credible evidence that JFK was about to make some major policy shifts that deeply disturbed the CIA, the Generals, and many conservatives. JFK intended to withdraw from Vietnam. He was also involved in some behind the scenes détente negotiations with Khrushchev, and was beginning plans for nuclear disarmament. While I can accept that these assertions may be true, I have a hard time making the leap from disagreeing with his policies to assassinating him. In the case of the Stone book, which concludes that LBJ was behind the assassination based on the fact that LBJ was under investigation by the Department of Justice and was about to be indicted for numerous felonies, the leap of faith required is even greater. Even with someone as brutally ambitious as LBJ, I have a hard time making the leap from motive to act.

I found all three books to be enlightening and I'm glad I read them Last year I read Oswald by Norman Mailer, which concludes, through an in depth examination of the Oswald's life, that he acted alone. On the other hand Family of Secrets by Russ Baker definitely comes down on the conspiracy theory side. ( )
  arubabookwoman | Jun 4, 2014 |
Excellent. ( )
  rtg226 | Jan 8, 2014 |

Stone, Rogerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Colapietro, MikeContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Rumours about the assassination of Kennedy are multiplying. Conflicting statements made by the authorities, and the substitution of one "set of facts" by another in regard to matters of vital importance, make this inevitable. Now Thomas Buchanan has brought an acute mind to bear on what, true or false, has been published, and here presents a study of President Kennedy's assassination which may well come as close to the truth as is possible today. In any event, he presents a coherent view of what must surely be a landmark in the history of the U.S. and the Western world, fraught with consequences impossible to foresee through the present mists of confusion. [From back cover] The entire text of this report - extracts of which first appeared in "l'Express" of Paris - was filed in Washington in March 1964, with the President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy, headed by Chief Justice Earl Warren. This action was taken at the request of a staff member of that commission.

Skyhorse Publishing

2 editions of this book were published by Skyhorse Publishing.

Editions: 1626363137, 1629144894

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,638,124 books! | Top bar: Always visible