Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding:…

Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding: Billionaire Boys Club Series,… (edition 2016)

by Jessica Clare (Author), Jillian Macie (Narrator), Tantor Audio (Publisher)

Real-estate tycoon Hunter Buchanan has a dark past that's left him scarred and living as a recluse on his family's palatial estate. Hunter is ready to give up on love-until he spots an enigmatic red-haired beauty and comes up with an elaborate scheme to meet her. Gretchen Petty is in need of a paycheck-and a change. So when a job opportunity in an upstate New York mansion pops up she accepts. And while she can overlook the oddities of her new job, she can't ignore her new boss's delectable body-or his barely leashed temper. Hunter's afraid his plan might be unraveling before it's truly begun, but Gretchen is about to show him that life can be full of surprises...… (more)
Member:whatalicesaw
Title:Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding: Billionaire Boys Club Series, Book 6.5
Authors:Jessica Clare (Author)
Other authors:Jillian Macie (Narrator), Tantor Audio (Publisher)
Info:Tantor Audio (2016)

Beauty and the Billionaire by Jessica Clare

Summary
Hunter Buchanan, is a real estate tycoon, and because he is scarred, no woman will come near him. He is respected because of his wealth and business intellect, but that is as far as it goes. He is lonely and craves companionship, and when he spies Gretchen he knows that she is the one woman for him. So he devises a plan to bring her to his home to work on some letters for writing a book, hoping to make her see the man beneath the scars. Gretchen is a ghostwriter, and when she is given a great offer to write and transcribe some letters for a new book, she can’t pass this opportunity up. When she arrives though, the mansion has only a few servants, and has a rigid schedule, and the man of the house is a recluse, and is a bit of a beast at times. But she senses more from Hunter than meets the eye, and despite his scars, she sees a man that needs her and she sees the man beneath his rough exterior, a man that has never known love or affection, and has only a few friends and one loyal bitter servant. Soon Hunter and Gretchen will soon learn that you need to have faith in love or it won’t work, will these two find a balance in each other?

The Hero
Hunter Buchanan was kidnapped when he was a child, and trying to escape, ended up barely getting away alive, and was scarred for life. Hunter’s father was a man who cared more about money than his own son. But when Hunter went to college, the saving grace was the friends he made, friends that saw past his appearance and she the inner part of him. Hunter is a hero that is very “tortured male”…and it just broke my heart. It was quite heartbreaking seeing more and more of his character come through in this story, We see bits and pieces of him, a damaged man but not a broken one. He is on the hunt to be accepted and loved by a woman, to have passion and companionship. To be loved for who he is and not for his money.

The Heroine
Gretchen is spirited and lively, and who wouldn’t love her. Gretchen makes a living by being a ghostwriter, but lately her writing has been falling short and she needs something more or she could be out on the streets soon. When she is given a offer, that is the best opportunity, but would have her living in a house with a man who is a recluse, she is cautious, but she is drawn to this opportunity. She soon sees that there is more to her boss than meets the eye, and sets out to show him who she really is. What I loved about Gretchen is her accepting nature, she doesn’t see Hunter as most others do, she sees a man hurting and in need of her. She takes a look at his scars, but doesn’t see a beast but a man worthy of love. Gretchen is bold and goes after her “prey” which was quite entertaining. I loved the way she goes after what she wants and is a fighter.

Plot and Story Line
This is a “beauty and the beast” themed story but in a contemporary setting. Which I actually love this trope, and even though it can be overdone, I loved the way that Jessica Clare wrote this one. In the previous book, we see the beginning of the story happening, so it was fun seeing it just start off from where the first book left off. Beauty and the Billionaire, is a story that won my heart with every page written. I loved the different feel to this story from the first book. We have the Beauty (Gretchen), and the Beast (Hunter), and at first they don’t see much of each other, but Gretchen grows more bolder, and Hunter becomes more open to her advances, and it was quite entertaining seeing these two come together finally. There are quite a few obstacles that they need to overcome before they have any hope of getting their HEA, but they find it, and what a beautiful way it is found too. I love the flow of the story, and the writing just kept me reading and this was such a page turner, I had the most difficult time putting it down. This author has a talented way with her writing of captivating her audience. I found these two characters to be just wonderful for each other, and boy some of the bedroom scenes are quite thrilling and sexy, but what I loved most was seeing the love story to be the primary focus of the story, and seeing it grow and bloom was quite fun. Another great aspect was seeing the way this story comes together, it was very riveting at times, and kept me on tinder hooks, and it also gave us a little teaser at the end for the third book which I am very excited for now.

The Cover
I still don’t know what to think about the covers. I mean they are pretty of course, but they aren’t really relevant to the story in any way.

Overall View
Beauty and the Billioniare is an emotional love tale of compassion, trust, and what true love really takes….this is a story that is enthralls the reader with every page, a tender love story to capture you from page one. SIMPLY SPLENDID! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
Christmas is supposed to be about faith, hope and charity, not chaos, secrets and blackmail. Ms. Clare manages to sprinkle in a little bit of each along with a whole lot of love, a great deal of mischief and a dab of forgiveness. Gretchen and Hunter's wedding is shaping up to be the event of the season. If the bride and groom manage to make it down the aisle. The Billionaires Boys Club series although sugary is full of optimism, life lessons and heartwarming moments that culminate in love. Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding puts the finishing touches on an adorable saga of family and friends and the strong bond they share. It proves family begins in the heart not the bloodlines. A winner.

Copyright of Night Owl Reviews ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Another awesome book by Clare! I'm super thrilled with this series so far. Beauty and the Billionaire takes a classic spin on the classic tale of Beauty and The Beast.

This time our bookish belle, Gretchen is a ghostwriter hired by our reclusive scarred Billionaire Hunter to write a love story based upon some letters. It's all an elaborate set up. After various run ins and typical issues we have a book filled with lots of great sex scenes and character development.

It was incredible to see a character go from completely reclusive to being more open and comfortable in the world. It was character growth that felt realistic and not forced. Along with not changing just to be with somebody.

Overall I was thrilled with this adaptation of beauty and the beast. Even as a sucker for those style of stories this one rises to the top of that pile. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
The theme is cliched. It is not very heavy or intense but a nice read if one is willing to spend some time in leisure without putting too much thought into it. ( )
  Hanneri | Mar 20, 2018 |
I started this series backwards. I read book 1 of the spin off series first then I read Book 5 of this series and then decided to read the series in order.
I didn't like Book 1 that much. It's an OK story but it cause to roll my eyes so much that's when the like goes down now this second installment is so much better.
I love Gretchen and Hunter together. She is so good for him. And got to see Maylee. I loved her in
book 5.
I finished the book last night and it gave problem to fell asleep because I kept thinking about the story. ( )
  Angelzinhamia | May 12, 2017 |
Someone had entered the town house.

The Billionaire Boys Club is a secret society of six men who are incredibly wealthy—but not always so successful when it comes to love…

Real-estate tycoon Hunter Buchanan has a dark past that’s left him scarred and living as a recluse on his family’s palatial estate. Hunter is ready to give up on love—until he spots an enigmatic red-haired beauty and comes up with an elaborate scheme to meet her.

Gretchen Petty is in need of a paycheck—and a change. So when a job opportunity in an upstate New York mansion pops up, she accepts. And while she can overlook the oddities of her new job, she can’t ignore her new boss’s delectable body—or his barely leashed temper.

Hunter’s afraid his plan might be unraveling before it’s truly begun, but Gretchen is about to show him that life can be full of surprises…

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,147,065 books! | Top bar: Always visible