Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop

Murder of Crows

by Anne Bishop

Series: The Others (2)

Recently added byAmelia1989, StrongFam, Tristen_Eidson, Romis78, private library, bigcwigum, KBrier, Ron_L, erinR

English (90)  Dutch (1)  All languages (91)
I just love this series, so fun, great characters...totally engrossed! I'll have a hard time waiting for the fourth book's release in March! ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |
I had book 1 of this series in paperback for quite awhile. Once I started reading it, however, I got 2/3 of the way through in pretty much a single sitting and interrupted my reading to come online to buy books 2 and 3 from Audible.

Book 2 is actually a little better than book 1, has some more story movement and less "set-up". I think if you liked book 1, you probably already have book 2... and likely the rest of the series too. I will be finishing this series. There is no swearing or graphic material. ( )
  crazybatcow | Mar 21, 2019 |
I am so into this series!!! I am DYING for more development between Simon and Meg, though. How long must I wait?? ( )
  PNRList | Aug 15, 2018 |
Murder of Crows
4.5 Stars

After escaping the clutches of the Controller and finding refuge with the Terra Indigene, Meg Corbyn is settling into her new life when a series of deadly attacks aimed at the Others threatens to destroy their fragile piece with the humans in the Courtyard.

Developments in Simon and Meg’s romance together with new and interesting details on the origins of the Cassandra Sangue as well as plenty of action-packed scenes make Murder of Crows a heart-pounding sequel.

The dynamic between Simon and Meg is one of the highlights of the story. Meg is growing as a person and Simon is trying to find a balance between his need to protect Meg and his attraction to her. There scenes together are sweet, and the reactions of the other characters in the Courtyard to their relationship leads to some laugh-out-loud moments.

The world building goes from strength to strength as more is revealed about the Cassandra Sangue and their “wondrous” yet “terrible” natures. The conflict between the humans and Others takes another giant step toward all out war and it seems that the police in Lakeside will have to pull out all the stops if they are to avoid a fate worse than death.

The riddles surrounding Meg’s prophecies are another strong point and it is fun trying to work out what they mean. I do hope that as Meg learns to cope with the world, she will not need to cut as often.

The climax and resolution of the Controller storyline is exciting although it is a pity that Meg and Simon weren’t more hands on with this and there could have been more resistance in the final battle scene.

All in all, this series is shaping into something truly spectacular perhaps even on a par with Kate Daniels. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
1.5 stars ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |

Anne Bishopprimary authorall editionscalculated
Harris, AlexandraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sasscer, AshleeCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Shutterstock.comCover imagesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Pat
Nudged awake by his bedmate’s restless movements, Simon Wolfgard yawned, rolled over on his belly, and studied Meg Corbyn.

"After winning the trust of the terra indigene residing in the Lakeside Courtyard, Meg Corbyn has had trouble figuring out what it means to live among them. As a human, Meg should be barely tolerated prey, but her abilities as a cassandra sangue make her something more. The appearance of two addictive drugs has sparked violence between the humans and the Others, resulting in the murders of both species in nearby cities. So when Meg has a dream about blood and black feathers in the snow, Simon Wolfgard--Lakeside's shape-shifting leader--wonders whether their blood prophet dreamed of a past attack or of a future threat. As the urge to speak prophecies strikes Meg more frequently, trouble finds its way inside the Courtyard. Now the Others and the handful of humans residing there must work together to stop the man bent on reclaiming their blood prophet--and stop the danger that threatens to destroy them all"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,502,070 books! | Top bar: Always visible