This is Modern Art

by Matthew Collings

168None163,315 (4.02)2
Modern art is controversial, intimidating, and bound to divide any group of people into opposing camps. But how many of us "really" understand it? With wit, knowledge, and plenty of illustrations, artist and author Matthew Collings opens our eyes to the shock of the new. He whisks us on a journey across the globe to galleries, museums, and studios, all the while offering hard information on major artists and movements as well as answers to the types of questions ordinary befuddled viewers might have: "What makes art modern?""Can anyone do it?" And, " whatever happened to beauty?" An entertaining and enlightening survey.… (more)

No reviews

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,798,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible