Infinity Two

by Robert Hoskins

Series: Infinity [Hoskins] (2)

281685,655 (3)None

Continuing my recent trend of reading classic speculative fiction anthologies, Infinity Two brings us stories from Poul Anderson, Arthur C. Clarke, James E. Gunn, J.F. Bone, William F. Nolan, and more. For this reader, the gems of the collection include...

Adam and Eve prepare to restart the human race under strict guidance from God, until Adam starts looking behind the scenes in Michael Fayette's "The Monster in the Clearing."

J.F. Bone takes us across the galaxy to a world where humans go into business with a species of cannibalistic, but highly civilized crustaceans. While labor relations seem to be precarious at first, a pheromonal discovery leads to a new and profitable venture in "The Scents of IT."

Surrounded by technology's modern conveniences, Sara begins to recall her grandmother's luddite attitude toward machines, just before every appliance in Sara's house seems to conspire against her in "The Technological Revolution" by James E. Gunn.

In "The Other Way Around" by Howard L. Myers, a cantankerous Merlin reluctantly takes on a pupil, Raedulf, on his way to Stonehenge. As Raedulf soon learns, Merlin might just be a man out of time...

After surviving a near-fatal accident, a middle-aged man is restored to physical health by a radical series of procedures, one that leaves him in mental and emotional turmoil in "Legion" by Russell Bates.

"GORF! GORF! GORF!" is the name of the operation when a bullfrog swallows a crateful of experimental growth pellets, eats a Corvette (complete with driver), and traverses 50 miles at a leap! William F. Nolan leads us on a whimsical hunt that includes the military, government bureaucrats, and pellet inventor's own lovely daughter.

Robert Silverberg leaves us "In Entropy's Jaws" as we follow wealthy telepath and businessman John Skein on a quest back and forth through time to find the panacea to the psychological breakdown that cost him his career as Communicator. Skein knows his answer lies on a planet with purple sand, blue leaves, orange seas... and a withered skullfaced man with all the answers. Will Skein find the correct world before his fugue episodes destroy him? ( )
  pgiunta | Oct 1, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,390,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible