Treasure Hunters by James Patterson

Treasure Hunters

by James Patterson

Other authors: Chris Grabenstein (Author)

Series: Treasure Hunters (1)

I dearly love this book...it is a really good adventure type story. ( )
  lindalovestoread | Jul 1, 2017 |
Read for our October Young Adult Book Group. ( )
  yvonne.sevignykaiser | Apr 2, 2016 |
Okay, so this was absolute garbage! James Patterson really needs to quit with the youth books, there hasn't been a good one yet. There is a pretty good story in this one, but definitely needs to be fleshed out. The children have not emotions, and the action sequences are thrown together. All said, just a lazy effort on what could have been a pretty good tale. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
This is a fun children's book about four children whose parents are treasure hunters. Their parents go missing and the children, using clues that their parents have left them, must find missing treasures that will help them rescue their parents. It's funny, cute, and action-packed! I'd recommend it for 3rd-5th grades. It has about 450 pages, but lots of cute pictures and a very fast read! It would be a lot of fun to read with your child or grandchild! ( )
  TerriS | Jan 17, 2016 |
This book is an action packed, a million miles a minute thrill ride of wish fulfillment. Most of it is a lot of fun and they manage to squeeze a lot of educational facts in. It can be repetitive at times and the twin tirades are a bit much when you're listening to it on audiobook; I suspect that they're less irritating on paper. The kids aren't super well developed but with such a crazy plot it's not a huge deal provided that they do some character development in future books.
***spoiler***
I'm not going to lie that I found the lack of grief on the part of the kids who believed that their parents are dead really disturbing. It just seems to me that there should be a little bit more gravitas regarding all that or a time jump that allows for the processing of grief or something just to accommodate the feelings that they should be experiencing.
***spoiler*** ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Grabenstein, ChrisAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031620756X, Hardcover)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life and I Funny comes a brilliantly original new adventure series, jam-packed with action, humor, and heart!

The Kidd siblings have grown up diving down to shipwrecks and traveling the world, helping their famous parents recover everything from swords to gold doubloons from the bottom of the ocean. But after their parents disappear n the job, the kids are suddenly thrust into the biggest treasure hunt of their lives. They'll have to work together to defeat dangerous pirates and dodge the hot pursuit of an evil treasure hunting rival, all while following cryptic clues to unravel the mystery of what really happened to their parents--and find out if they're still alive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:35 -0400)

"Following clues left by their missing father, twelve-year-old twins Bickford and Rebecca Kidd sail from the Caribbean to New York City with their siblings to finish the dangerous quest of their world-famous treasure-hunting parents"--Provided by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,175,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible