Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Volume 1) by…

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Volume 1) (edition 2013)

by Michelle Tam (Author), Henry Fong (Author)

2034106,250 (4.41)6
A New York Times cookbook best-seller. Nom Nom Paleo is a visual feast, crackling with humor and packed with stunningly photographed step-by-step recipes free of gluten, soy, and added sugar. Designed to inspire the whole family to chow down on healthy, home-cooked meals, this cookbook compiles over 100 foolproof paleo recipes that demonstrate how fun and flavorful cooking with wholesome ingredients can be. And did we mention the cartoons? Nom Nom Paleo kicks off with a fresh introduction to Paleo eating, taking readers on a guided tour of author Michelle Tam's real-food strategies for stocking the kitchen, saving time, and maximizing flavors while maintaining a Paleo lifestyle. Also, sprinkled throughout the book are enlightening features on feeding kids, packing nutritious lunches, boosting umami, and much more. But the heart of this book are Michelle's award-winning primal Paleo recipes, 50 percent of which are brand-new --- even to diehard fans who own her bestselling iPad cookbook app. Readers can start by marrying their favorite ingredients with building blocks like Sriracha Mayonnaise, Louisiana Remoulade, and the infamous Magic Mushroom Powder. These basic recipes lay the foundation for many of the fabulous delights in the rest of the book including Eggplant "Ricotta" Stacks, Crab Louie, and Devils on Horseback. There's something for everyone in this cookbook, from small bites like Apple Chips and Kabalagala (Ugandan plantain fritters) to family-sized platters of Coconut Pineapple "Rice" and Siu Yoke (crispy roast pork belly). Crave exotic spices? You won't be able to resist the fragrant aromas of Fast Pho or Mulligatawny Soup. In the mood for down-home comforts? Make some Yankee Pot Roast or Chicken Nuggets drizzled with Lemon Honey Sauce. When a quick weeknight meal is in order, Nom Nom Paleo can show you how to make Crispy Smashed Chicken or Whole-Roasted Branzini in less than 30 minutes. And for a cold treat on a hot day, nothing beats Paleo-diet-friendly Mocha Popsicles or a two-minute Strawberry Banana Ice Cream. Eating healthy doesn't mean sacrificing flavor. This book gives you "Paleo with personality," and will make you excited to play in the kitchen again.… (more)
Member:JohnNienart
Title:Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans (Volume 1)
Authors:Michelle Tam (Author)
Other authors:Henry Fong (Author)
Info:Andrews McMeel Publishing (2013), Edition: 1st Edition, 288 pages
Tags:cooking, non-fiction, GR2021

Work Information

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans by Michelle Tam

Yes, I sat down and read this! Well, I started by flipping through it, then got drawn in by the fun and quirky prose. Can't wait to get cooking! ( )
  avonar | May 27, 2020 |
Very fun cookbook! I can see why it was nominated in the 2014 Goodreads' Choice Awards category for best cookbook. The layout and graphics are very cute. My husband bought several Paleo cookbooks at the start of the year, however, it became clear that this was the one we really needed. Tam really takes the time to walk her readers through Paleo, her recipes, and balancing the diet along with life. ( )
  vonze | Sep 19, 2017 |
It has been a long time since I read a cookbook which made me want to stay up all night reading. This was such a book. It is fun, personable, informative and enlightening, not to mention beautiful. Paleo diet aside (I am not sold on the paleo diet), the recipes are sound, easy and scrumptious. The techniques are explained well, the photography is marvelous and the tone is endearing.

I started trying some of the recipes, or at least was inspired by them, right away. My goal has been to clean up my eating habits, not eliminating foods like whole grains, dairy and legumes, but I found some wonderful ideas made very simple within these pages. The author showed me how to keep good food on hand to make food preparation a snap. I love that so many of the recipes take less than 30 minutes to prepare. For the recipes which call for special equipment, the author usually gives an alternative method of preparation in case you don't have it.

My only dilemma now is to decide whether to buy the hard copy or go to the blog when I want inspiration. The book is lovely, and I would enjoy it on my shelves, but I am not one to cook from recipes; instead I use them as inspiration. I would give this to any cook who is starting out because of the good food and the step-by-step instructions to success. ( )
  MrsLee | Mar 27, 2016 |
This is a good beginner cookbook for those interested in the Paleo diet. It is a fun read with beautiful photography. If you expect challenging recipes or recipes that aren't already on the Nom Nom Paleo blog, you will be disappointed.

One big gripe (and a reason for 3 stars instead of 4) is that there is no calculated nutritional content. It's a terrible oversight, considering that nutritional content would take the writer very little time to calculate so that the readers do not have to. It's a complaint I have of the blog as well, but when creating a cookbook (that people will pay for), the author should have made a little more effort for the reader. ( )
  dulcinea14 | Sep 18, 2014 |

Michelle Tamprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fong, Henrymain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,595,591 books! | Top bar: Always visible