Kingdom Keepers VII (Kingdom Keepers, Book…

Kingdom Keepers VII (Kingdom Keepers, Book VII): The Insider (Kingdom… (original 2014; edition 2014)

by Ridley Pearson (Author)

Series: Kingdom Keepers (7)

Deception and betrayal rock the Kingdom Keepers as the merciless group of Disney villains known as the Overtakers stage an unexpected comeback. But a discovery by the Keepers provides them with one hope of victory -- a lost icon.
Member:Zerpified
Title:Kingdom Keepers VII (Kingdom Keepers, Book VII): The Insider (Kingdom Keepers, 7)
Authors:Ridley Pearson (Author)
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2014), Edition: First Edition, 624 pages

Work Information

The Insider by Ridley Pearson (Author) (2014)

Great series. Hope there will be a new series one day. ( )
  Rempala | Dec 3, 2019 |
Fun as usual, the crowd funded aspect was entertaining because they hit Pearson's style so well. For a finale, though, I didn't like the ending. I get the idea of a sequel trilogy but would it be too much to ask to not end on a clifhanger?

A nice fun short read ( )
  Lorem | Jun 30, 2015 |
Kingdom Keepers VII: The Insider is the finale to the Kingdom Keepers series. Set 3 years after the events of book VI, the Keepers are seniors in high school. They have matured, for better and for worse. The pre-teen crushes have turned into romances, yet they are slightly hostile and sarcastic to each other-- at the beginning, anyway. The Overtakers (OTs) are on the rise, with Tia Dalma and Chernbog being released from their Mexican jail and they return to Disneyland. Along with the rest of the OTs (who include Cruella and the Evil Queen), plot to destroy Disneyland, the entire Disney franchise and southern California. The Keepers are on their most dangerous mission yet, to battle the OTs while finding the lost icon who can restore Disney: Mickey Mouse.

This book was a fast-paced read. I found the beginning slightly awkward with the slight hostility between the Keepers. Once that fell away, the rest of the book was fine. I was slightly disappointed in the ending. While there was the trademark battle between good and evil, the ending didn't feel final; it felt as if there was more to come.

Pearson also used this book to introduce the publishing industry to a new phenomenon: crowd-sourcing. Through the Kingdom Keepers app, users wrote sections of the book. This shows how much faith Pearson has in his fans (and how many talented writers exist). ( )
  06nwingert | Jun 22, 2014 |

Pearson, RidleyAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Andrews, MacLeodNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
--Ephesians 5:111
This, the final installment of the Kingdom Keepers, is dedicated to all the hardworking Disney Cast Members and Imagineers who provide the rest of us with boundless entertainment in the parks, on the ships, and on our television and movie screens.  I also offer a metaphoric tip of my hat to those who are right now dreaming of things yet to come.  We can't wait!

No dedication would be complete without thanking you, the reader, the Insider, who has come along with me on this ride.  What a thrill it has been and continues to be.  It ain't over yet...

Ridley
11/12/13
St. Louis, Missouri
She has been called many things:  the Black Mamba, Calypso, Tia Dalma.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,315,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible