Hector and the Secrets of Love by…

Hector and the Secrets of Love (original 2005; edition 2011)

by François Lelord (Author)

Member:Yells
Title:Hector and the Secrets of Love
Authors:François Lelord (Author)
Info:Penguin Books (2011), Edition: 1, 267 pages
Collections:Read in 2018, Read but unowned
Rating:**
Tags:READ 2018

Hector and the Secrets of Love by François Lelord (2005)

Mein zweites Buch, als erstes hatte ich "Hectors Reise" gelesen, in dem es um Glück ging. Das zweite Buch hat eine etwas schönere Geschichte, wobei ich bei dem Thema Glück deutlich mehr mitnehmen konnte als bei diesem. Wahrscheinlich verstehe ich zuwenig von der Liebe, als dass ich so begeistert von diesem Buch sein kann. Trotzdem ein schönes und kurzweiliges Buch für zwischendruch. ( )
  Geektesse | Dec 10, 2017 |
In this book Hector the main character is sent by a large pharmaceutical company to find Professor Cormorant who has absconded with a promising love potion. While searching high and low around the world Hector contemplates the components of love and the effect these have not only on the general public but on his own relationships.
He discovers some universal truths about life and love along the way, mostly that love is complicated but essential. The simple tone of the work is refreshing and delightful. It's well observed, thoughtful and highly entertaining.
Thanks to Netgalley and Gallic Books for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  SUS456 | Oct 23, 2015 |
Too didactic. Didn't finish. ( )
  jscape2000 | Jul 3, 2015 |
So far, I've read Hector and the Search for Lost Time (a book I found through a serendipitous adventure at the library). I likes that one so I thought I ought to read Lelord's other two books in the series.
  AnigL | Feb 17, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Hector returns in his second quest for knowledge; this time looking for the secrets of love. I really enjoy the simple storytelling and, especially, the silly situations that Hector finds himself in which ultimately leading to his discoveries.

I did not however enjoy it as an audiobook. I'm not sure what was wrong, but towards the end of the final CD it kept skipping (there was no visible dust or scratch on the CD), and I missed some of the climax of the story. Because these books tend to be smaller and more manageable anyway I'd definitely recommend it in print rather than audio. ( )
  jbalaco | Aug 8, 2011 |

A young French psychiatrist continues to explore the mysteries of the human soul, currently focusing his attention on love, while his beloved, Clara, makes her own similar investigations.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

François Lelord's book Hector and the Secrets of Love - AUDIO EDITION was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,977,823 books! | Top bar: Always visible