World After (Penryn & the End of Days) by…

World After (Penryn & the End of Days) (edition 2013)

by Susan Ee (Author)

Penryn's search for her kidnapped sister, Paige, leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans, while Raffe must choose between reclaiming his wings--and his role as the angels' leader--or helping Penryn survive.
Member:rlr1
Title:World After (Penryn & the End of Days)
Authors:Susan Ee (Author)
Info:Skyscape (2013), 320 pages

World After by Susan Ee

I was waiting for this book for over a year now.
The anticipation was immense.

But I have to say its not as great as book #1, but I think thats typical in a series.
Its also very dark and horror which I guess fits with the title, this is the world after the apocalypse. Its very different than anything else I have read.
But I did sit and read it all in 1 day (about 13 hrs while taking care of my kids)

warning SPOILERS BELOW!!

I know a lot of fans wants a Raffe POV, and we didn't get a real POV but his sword would share memories with Penryn which gave us a couple of moments from book 1 seen through his POV so that was a nice addition and I am sure made many fans, including me, happy!
The worst part of this book was that I had to read 75% of it before Raffe shows up!
So in the last 25% I was very giddy and enjoying my Penryn/Raffe togetherness and then the book was over!! :( Their time together in this one was too short and now I probably have to wait a year or more for the next book.

Of course this is just my impulse review because I read it through quickly. I will go back and read it slower sometime and then maybe update this. ( )
  Joy_Bush | Jul 22, 2021 |
In the sequel to Angelfall, Penryn is reunited briefly with her family until her sister is attacked for being an abomination. Penryn's mother accuses Penryn of not protecting her sister, and off she goes to rescue her on Alcatraz Island. Too much of this book is spent retelling the last book, leaving this book's development kind of anemic. Eventually, Raffe helps Penryn escape the aerie again as the angels attack the humans. Much of the story surrounds the scorpion-locusts bred by the angels to bring about the end of days. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |
Rating: ∞/5

*Buddy read with my dearest awesomest bestest friend ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥♥♥ *
  Ash600 | Mar 19, 2021 |
“Get that freak away from me,” says one. “That thing’s not human.”

“She’s more human than you could ever be.”

it is still astounding me how much i love this book and this series.

p.s. my favorite character is a sword ( )
  themoonwholistens | Aug 31, 2020 |
Book 2 in the End of Days saga. Penryn is caught up in a battle between angels who want to use humans in their war with each other while Penryn is trying to figure out what to do with her sister, Paige. Paige has been forced to undergo a horrible transformation into a monstrosity and is unable to cope with it (and neither would you if you're only 7 years old!).

So we are in the middle book. I would say this is definitely a weaker link in the saga as overall I felt...nothing really happened? We got an explanation as to what exactly happened to Paige and why she is acting the way she is and there's a nice minor story where a woman is reunited with her family but overall it just felt like a mash of action scenes where angels fight each other, the humans, etc.

Enough to keep me interesting into reading the next and final entry (it was supposed to be a series of 5 but for some reason ended as a trilogy), but I'd probably have returned the books to the library if I was borrowing the physical copies. Keep in mind some of the gore-y, violent aspects are still present so if you're sensitive to that you may want to be careful or reconsider continuing.

Borrowed via Kindle Unlimited and that was best for me. ( )
  HoldMyBook | May 24, 2020 |
Dedicated to the early readers of Angelfall. Thanks for falling first.
Everyone thinks I'm dead.

Susan Ee is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,551,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible