Burning Dawn

by Gena Showalter

Series: Angels of the Dark (3)

"A tormented past has left Thane with an insatiable need for violence, making him the most dangerous assassin in the skies. He lives by a single code: no mercy. And as he unleashes his fury on his most recent captor, he learns no battle could have prepared him for the slave he rescues from his enemy's clutches--a beauty who stokes the fires of his darkest desires. Elin Vale has her own deep-rooted scars, and her attraction to the exquisite warrior who freed her challenges her every boundary. But Thane's unwavering determination to protect her means she must face her greatest fears--and enter a world in which passion is power, and victory means breathtaking surrender."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

A tormented past has left Thane with an insatiable need for violence, making him the most dangerous assassin in the skies. He lives by a single code: no mercy. And as he unleashes his fury on his most recent captor, he learns no battle could have prepared him for the slave he rescues from his enemy's clutches - a beauty who stokes the fires of his darkest desires. Elin Vale has her own deep-rooted scars, and her attraction to the exquisite warrior who freed her challenges her every boundary. But Thane's unwavering determination to protect her means she must face her greatest fears - and enter a world in which passion is power, and victory means breathtaking surrender.
  Angela_Neiswenter | Jun 4, 2020 |
Thane goes from sadist/masochist, to mister romantic sensitive. Of course he fights it at first but Elin's charm wins the day. She rescued him from being enslaved bya Phoenix, he has to come to terms with her being half Phoenix once he finds out. All the while fighting off the evil Prince.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
4.5 stars ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Burning Dawn is the third book in the Angels of the Dark series by Gena Showalter. Showalter’s Angels of the Dark series is a spin-off or companion to her Lord of the Underworld series. Can you read one without the other? Sure but what’s the fun in that? I fell in love with Showalter’s LOTU series and when I got the opportunity to read Burning Dawn for review I jumped at it, even though I haven’t read the previous books in the series. I’m so happy that I did.
There’s romance, action, a bit of suspense, and dodge-boulder (yes dodge ball played with boulders). This is such a fun and entertaining read. Very fast paced, filled with laugh-out-loud moments and feels that will catch you off guard. Seriously have some tissues next to you just in case.
The romance was steamy but still sweet. I loved how Thane grew as a character to become someone worthy of loving his Elin. Elin in turn becomes a stronger person capable of dealing with the danger that surrounds Thane and the world he lives in.
The take-you-by-the-seat-of-your-pants action driven plot will keep you turning pages well into the night. I read it in about four hours. I could not put it down. I absolutely loved every minute of it and you can be sure I will be going back to read the first two books before continuing on in the series. I do want to mention I was not lost at all while reading this book, so I do believe this can be read as a standalone. If you love paranormal romance, you have got to give Gena Showalter a try. She is a definite must read for me every time.
**Thank you to Harlequin for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I thoroughly loved every minute of it!**
  azprettygrl | Aug 25, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,555,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible