Burning Dawn

by Gena Showalter

Series: Angels of the Dark (3)

"A tormented past has left Thane with an insatiable need for violence, making him the most dangerous assassin in the skies. He lives by a single code: no mercy. And as he unleashes his fury on his most recent captor, he learns no battle could have prepared him for the slave he rescues from his enemy's clutches--a beauty who stokes the fires of his darkest desires. Elin Vale has her own deep-rooted scars, and her attraction to the exquisite warrior who freed her challenges her every boundary. But Thane's unwavering determination to protect her means she must face her greatest fears--and enter a world in which passion is power, and victory means breathtaking surrender."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

2.5 rounded up. This was only okay. I feel like it could have been much better, but what character growth there was, wasn't all that believable, and everytime I turned around the characters popped another stupid pill apparently. The villains seemed especially under-developed, and I ended up not caring terribly about the whole climax of the story. The characters were decently likable when they weren't actively doing something stupid though, and I did chuckle at a few things. ( )
  JorgeousJotts | Dec 3, 2021 |
~ 5 Burning Stars ~

Fabulous! Spectacular! Magnificent!

I became addicted with Ms. Showalter’s work, with her Lord’s of the Underworld and she has added to it with her Angels of the Dark series. I love love love Burning Dawn. I feel in love with Angels of the Dark series at the start and have been waiting for the next installment with avid anticipation. Ms. Showalter knows how to create an intriguing world with fantastically unique characters.

Burning Dawn is book three in the Angels of the Dark series and can be read as a stand alone, but best read in series order. It’s non-stop romance and action.

I loved everything about this book. The relationship building. The chemistry between Thane and Elin was scorching. We are taken on their emotional journey. Thane turned out to be a much more deeper character then I ever thought and Elin is hilarious once she comes into her own. Their where parts that just made my heartache, but also parts that made me laugh. I loved the camaraderie between Thane and his two besty-best friends and Elin and her girlfriends where so much fun. I enjoyed the insight into Thane’s club and the employees that work there. You see a family kind of atmosphere. I can’t wait for the guy’s stories as well as the rest of the angel's in the Army of Disgrace.

Ms. Showalter has created a seductive read, with sexy angels. It’s an extraordinary, phenomenal, and emotional journey into the Angels of the Dark.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter
Book 3 of the Angels of the Dark series and 10.5 of the Lords of the Underworld. Paranormal, modern day romance. Best read as part of either series.

Thane rescues a slave from his enemies. He soon finds out she will change his life forever.

A dark and dramatic story of enemies, lovers, challenges and protectors.
Thane has issues from his past and I didn’t much like some of his actions. Elin takes a while to come into her own since her experience has been so horrible.
In the end, they do work out their differences and fall deeply into protecting and loving each other.
This series is not light reading but the characters tend to grab you with their intensity and despair.
There is bit of humor which is also part of the author’s style. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Sep 27, 2020 |
Thane goes from sadist/masochist, to mister romantic sensitive. Of course he fights it at first but Elin's charm wins the day. She rescued him from being enslaved bya Phoenix, he has to come to terms with her being half Phoenix once he finds out. All the while fighting off the evil Prince.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
4.5 stars ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 169,936,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible