Ripped

by Katy Evans

Series: REAL (5)

Pandora, Brooke and Melanie's gothic friend, had her heart broken by a bad boy rocker. He is "ripped." And he's back in town with the biggest concert of the year. Pandora hates him so much that she asks Melanie to come with her to throw eggs and soiled diapers at him. When they are caught by security, Melanie spills the beans that Pandora knows the band and to ask the lead singer (Melanie is merely attempting to get security to release them.) So, our sexy bad boy rocker is summoned after the concert, and he's sticky and smelly and pissed as hell. Especially when he realizes Pandora-a shit load of fucking trouble-is to blame. He decides not to press charges if she will follow certain conditions he will set, none of which Pandora likes, and all of them which imply them being in close contact once again. When Pandora ends up conceding to his wishes, the passion they once shared flares up unexpectedly, and no matter how much she pretends to hate him, she loathes that he knows how much she wants and still loves him even more.… (more)

wow need more plz ( )
  foxelaine | May 25, 2018 |
Like the other books in this series, this book has lots of excitement both in and out of the bedroom. Emotions are high and the characters are very conflicted. However, it doesn't reach the level of the first book. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
This story was deeper than I assumed it would be. I expected a goth chick and hot rocker, but I got so much more.

First I want to say that I love how different each couple is. The men from each book of this series are über hot for their own reasons and nothing alike except for extent of their love for their women. Each man is brought to his knees by that love and willing to beg to keep his woman in his life.

I've always liked Pandora. I'm not a super spunky chick myself so I thought I somewhat understood her before this book. But I really had no idea how much pain she was hiding.I didn't used to like black so much. I liked red, and I liked blue, and somehow really liked yellow. Hot pink and purple were good too. But then colors began making fun of me. They felt too happy. Too sweet. Black was safe and neutral. It didn't try to be anything other than black.
It begins with Pandora and Melanie sneaking into Pandora's ex's concert to play a mean prank on him in order to get revenge for the pain Pandora felt when he left her. This part so had me cracking up, out loud. The best was Melanie threatening the bouncers. Bwahahaha, still laughing. Sweet Melanie idly saying things she really could probably make happen."If you don't let go of me right now, my boyfriend's going to find your home and kill you in your sleep!"
"You don't have to look so happy, dickface. My boyfriend will find your home too and kill you next!"

Then we meet Mackenna, and of course he is sex on stick delicious. What separates Mackenna from many rockstar book boyfriends is that he doesn't play any games. He straight up wants her. He doesn't do anything to make her jealous or mad, etc. Sometimes I like some drama, but I was actually relieved from the maturity of it. He really is a great guy when you learn his whole story.How can you stop belonging to someone who has ravaged you like he did me?
How can your first and only love sweep through you like a tornado and not leave his mark?

I was mostly through the book and highly enjoying it when WHAM! I was hit with something major. I cannot talk about it at all without ruining it, but I will say that I did have tears, more than once.

I'm definitely singing praises to this story and recommend it.

Also wanted to add that REMY does have a few lines.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/12/ripped-by-katy-evans-blo... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
** I received an arc in exchange for an honest review **

This is the 5th installment in this series.

There is a lot of emotion in this read, more than the last books, but saying that there is a lot of sizzling scenes. Katy doesnt disappoint with this book as it is well written and the characters extremely likeable.

Mackenna and Pandora are awesome characters and you can relate to them in some way or another.

Another good read from Katy

Obsessed-by-Books | Mar 1, 2015 |
When Mackenna Jones the lead singer of Crack Bikini comes back in his hometown of Seattle not everyone is happy to see him; namely his wronged ex-girlfriend, Pandora. The two are reunited in an emotional journey that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Pandora is an intriguing heroine. She has guts for confronting Mackenna and taking up the challenge of the tour. Her mother is a piece of work. Making me appreciate Pandora all the more.

I really like Mackenna. He had a rough childhood yet made a success out of his life.

The chemistry between Mackenna and Pandora is intense. They have a great story and deserve a second chance.

I highly suggest starting this book when you have a lot of time to read. This is one of those books that kept me sleep deprived because I started reading it late and then could not put it down. Oh well, sleep is over rated anyway.

This is the first book I have read by Katy Evans. Yes, I read the series out of order, but I had no problem reading Ripped as a stand-alone. That being said, I love Katy Evans’ writing style. Ripped has so much emotion it is impossible not to be affected by it. ( )
  dlynch | Dec 11, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

REAL (5)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,797,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible