Llama Llama and the Bully Goat by Anna…

Llama Llama and the Bully Goat (edition 2013)

by Anna Dewdney (Author)

Member:MrsChristou
Title:Llama Llama and the Bully Goat
Authors:Anna Dewdney (Author)
Info:Viking Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: First Ed 1st Printing, 40 pages

Llama llama and the Bully Goat by Anna Dewdney

I felt like this book took a little while to build up and get the point across that the goat was actually bullying the llama.However I did appreciate how the illustrator used a bright red/orange on the page when they established that the goat was in fact being a bully. So that did draw my attention back in. I also liked that the author made sure to to inform the readers that it was important to tell your teacher when someone is being a bully, as well as there can be some consequences when you are the one that is doing the bullying. ( )
  rabertucci | Oct 4, 2018 |
I really liked this book because it was about a Bully Goat who just liked to bully all friends. Llama didn't like that he was a mean Goat, so he tried to show him how to be nice to other animals. My son loves to read this book as well because he experience someone bullying him.

I also would use this book during circle time at work, if I am having problems with children are not being nice. We would about the things that happened in the book with Bully Goat. I would put it in my lesson plan for a Social and Emotional learning activity. ( )
  MsYvette83 | Aug 28, 2018 |
Found in the Parents' Shelf - Bullying section at the Fox library and the kiddo loves Llama Llama, but we didn't read this one as often as the others.

Gilroy Goat bullies the other kids in class, but with some teacher intervention, his behavior improves.

Teacher says, Let's try again.
Gilroy, can you be a friend? ( )
  JennyArch | May 24, 2018 |
This book shows that it is not okay to be a bully. If you are being bullied you need to address someone about the issue. You should never be scared to let someone know so it can stop happening. As soon as the llama told the teacher, the teacher talked to the bully goat. The bully goal started to be nice after he figured he would no longer have any friends if he continued to act the way he had been acting. He became more active with playing and singing with his class, and was excited for the next day of school. Great to share with all readers just incase they are getting bullied and don't know exactly what to do. ( )
  Gsmith0930 | Dec 5, 2017 |
Llama llama goes to school. He has a great time until a bully goat starts to bully him. He talks to the teacher and the bully changes and becomes Llamas friend.
  cwumluna | Jul 12, 2017 |

Llama Llama likes to sing.
Gilroy laughs at everything.
Llama sings out just the same.
Gilroy says a not-nice name.

Teacher has some things to say:
calling names is not OK.

Llama Llama is learning lots of new things at school and making many friends. But when Gilroy Goat starts teasing him and some of their classmates, Llama Llama isn't sure what to do. And then he remembers what his teacher told him—walk away and tell someone. It works! But then Llama Llama feels badly. Can he and Gilroy try to be friends again?

Taking on a difficult but important part of children's lives, Anna Dewdney gives readers a way to experience and discuss bullying in a safe and comforting way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:43 -0400)

Following their teacher's lead, Llama Llama speaks to Gilroy Goat and tells him he should not act like a bully on the playground.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,819,652 books! | Top bar: Always visible