HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Jedi Academy by Jeffery Brown

Jedi Academy (edition 2013)

by Jeffery Brown (Author)

Series: Jedi Academy (1)

1,2013214,248 (3.9)7
"My whole life I planned on going to pilot school like the rest of my friends--then I got rejected! Along came a little green guy named Yoda who invited me to Jedi Academy. Now I'm at a school with aliens, robots, and lightsaber-wielding bullies who can lift things with their minds! How am I supposed to compete with that? As if starting middle school wasn't hard enough..." The story of Roan Novachez, Jedi Academy student, is told through comics, journal entries, letters, doodles, and newspaper clippings. This incredible, original story from author/illustrator Jeffrey Brown captures all of the humor, awkwardness, fun, and frustrations of middle school ... in a galaxy far, far away.… (more)
Member:CelloMeister
Title:Jedi Academy
Authors:Jeffery Brown (Author)
Info:Scholastic (2013), Edition: Uncorrected Proof/Advance Reading Copy, 160 pages

Work Information

Star Wars: Jedi Academy by Jeffrey Brown

English (31)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (32)
Independent reading level: Grade 4
  Cassandraann1221 | Nov 23, 2021 |
While I didn't find Brown's long-form comics as hilarious as his one-shots, this book was still a pleasant read. It is sure to appeal to a younger audience than the Luke & Leia Vader books, as it falls squarely in the diary format and has a young protagonist who is easily relateable to. ( )
  JaimieRiella | Feb 25, 2021 |
This is so cute. Love the Jedi Academy setting. ( )
  AndreaWay | Nov 15, 2020 |
Hilarious, delightful and refreshing. Very impressed. Star Wars fans old and young will love this. ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
Jedi Academy is a story set in the Star Wars universe about 200 years before the movies, and features Roan Novachez, a farmboy from Tatooine selected to attend the Jedi Academy on Coruscant. Drawing on elements of Hogwarts and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, this richly-illustrated early reader book follows Roan through his misadventures and struggles to fit in with more advanced users of the Force. I think I was a kid I would've been annoyed by the many references to schools in our universe, but as an adult I'm less attached to pure canon to let that interfere with my enjoyment of some silly gags. This is a good book, and the start of a series, for the young Star Wars fan in your life. ( )
1 vote Othemts | Aug 21, 2020 |

AR 3.8, 2 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,793,639 books! | Top bar: Always visible