Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz
Authors:Dean Koontz
Info:Publisher Unknown

Odd Interlude by Dean Koontz

To Read (389)

English (18)  Spanish (1)  All languages (19)
Cool book. Good addition to Odd's story. ( )
  amuskopf | Jun 7, 2018 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission. Title: Odd Interlude Series: Odd Thomas Author: Dean Koontz Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars Genre: Urban Fantasy Pages: 289 Synopsis: Odd Thomas, on his way to stop something or other, stops into a small town. And for goodness sake, discovers phracking E.T. And E.T. would rather EAT you than make your stupid bike fly. My Thoughts: This was loads and loads more enjoyable than the previous book. Hijackings, crashes, explosions, gun battles. This was Odd Thomas at his quirkiest and his best. Odd was in fine voice and his asides and whatnot were exactly what I was expecting and hoping for. The parts of the story written by the little girl [well, 12'ish I believe] were pretty good too. It made me laugh when she assumes Odd is "old", like maybe 30, or EVEN 35. Got to love time. My only quibble was with how the dna thing worked. I know recently that "dna" is the big thing and "You Too Can Gain Superpowers, by Just Injecting This 'Stuff' Into You" is what is presented. I can usually ignore it, but this time it had me rolling my eyes. So folks, DON'T WORRY! If some bugger sticks you with a syringe full of alien goop, you will simply DIE! You WILL NOT turn into an ALIEN. I hope that sets your minds at ease. I know I'll sleep better with that very important reminder. Because come on, admit it, doesn't everyone secretly worry about being turned into a hideous, cannibalistic alien/human hybrid? " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Fifth book in the series, which I'm reading after the smash conclusion. So, this is background. Our hero, fry cook extraordinaire, was last seen fighting some queerish monster when I put down the book and went to do something else with my time. i did enjoy Boo, the ghostly dog. The witty repartee with the goul was also quite entertaining. But, alas, overall boooring with a plot that was hard to follow.,,why are we here, again? ( )
  buffalogr | Nov 28, 2016 |
The fifth book of Odd Thomas' journey using his telepathic sense and his basic goodness against evil. Odd feels compelled to seek out evil and stop it, his journey leads him Harmony Corner where everything looks perfect, but something sinister is hidden and is controlling the families who live there.
  Gmomaj | Nov 5, 2016 |
If I'd not seen the movie Lawnmower Man or the X-Files this might have seemed pretty original. And if I’d never read any of the earlier Odd Thomas books I wouldn’t have expected something lighter and more of a fun read. Yes, I know the spirit of Elvis has finally passed over but still. Overall, Odd’s philosophical reflections were about the only thing that kept this from being nothing more than trite sci-fi pulp fiction. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345536592, Mass Market Paperback)

Odd Interlude, Dean Koontz’s New York Times bestselling three-part digital series—now in one volume for the first time

THERE’S ROOM AT THE INN. BUT YOU MIGHT NOT GET OUT.

Nestled on a lonely stretch along the Pacific coast, quaint roadside outpost Harmony Corner offers everything a weary traveler needs—a cozy diner, a handy service station, a cluster of cottages . . . and the Harmony family homestead presiding over it all. But when Odd Thomas and company stop to spend the night, they discover that there’s more to this secluded haven than meets the eye—and that between life and death, there is something more frightening than either.

Includes a preview of the next novel in the Odd Thomas series: Deeply Odd!

“[Odd Thomas is] one of the most remarkable and appealing characters in current fiction.”—The Virginian-Pilot

“An inventive . . . mix of suspense, whimsy and uplift.”—The Washington Post

“Odd Thomas is the greatest character Dean Koontz has ever created. He’s funny, humble, immensely likable, courageous, and just a joy to read about.”—Seattle Post-Intelligencer

“Koontz gives [Odd Thomas] wit, good humor, a familiarity with the dark side of humanity—and moral outrage.”—USA Today

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:03 -0400)

Nestled on a lonely stretch along the Pacific coast, quaint roadside outpost Harmony Corner offers everything a weary traveler needs. But when Odd Thomas and company stop to spend the night, they discover that there's more to this secluded haven than meets the eye.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,694,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible