HTML for the World Wide Web, Fifth Student…

HTML for the World Wide Web, Fifth Student Edition, with XHTML and CSS (original 2007; edition 2003)

by Elizabeth Castro

Need to learn HTML fast? This best-selling reference's visual format and step-by-step, task-based instructions will have you up and running with HTML in no time. In this completely updated edition of our best-selling guide to HTML, Web expert and best-selling author Elizabeth Castro uses crystal-clear instructions and friendly prose to introduce you to all of today's HTML and XHTML essentials. Yoursquo;ll learn how to design, structure, and format your Web site. You'll create and use images, links, styles, lists, tables, frames, and forms, and you'll add sound and movies to your site. Finally, you will test and debug your site, and publish it to the Web. Along the way, you'll find extensive coverage of CSS techniques, current browsers (Opera, Safari, Firefox), creating pages for the mobile Web, and more. Visual QuickStart Guide--the quick and easy way to learn Easy visual approach uses pictures to guide you through HTML and show you what to do. Concise steps and explanations get you up and running in no time. Page for page, the best content and value around. Companion Web site at www.cookwood.com/html offers examples, a lively question-and-answer area, updates, and more. Need to learn HTML fast? This best-selling reference's visual format and step-by-step, task-based instructions will have you up and running with HTML in no time.… (more)
Member:HiQ
Title:HTML for the World Wide Web, Fifth Student Edition, with XHTML and CSS
Authors:Elizabeth Castro
Info:Peachpit Press (2003), Edition: 5, Paperback, 592 pages

Work Information

HTML for the World Wide Web, with XHTML and CSS by Elizabeth Castro (2007)

Excellent resource, in addition to w3c (w3.org) and other online resources. ( )
  JennyArch | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book was required reading for one of my courses (an introduction to information technology for those of us who aren't exactly tech-savvy). This semester I was particularly overworked so I gave up on readings for this course pretty early on, meaning that I only got through the first four chapters of this book. I don't see it as much of a loss that I didn't get to the rest. While the book has plenty of useful information, it's not exactly a book you just sit down and read. It's more like a reference guide to consult when needed. Most of what is covered is pretty basic though, and a great deal of it can be found online. However, I do have to say I'm a big fan of the color chart found on the back inside cover -- I think this is the only part I consulted multiple times. I'm not sure I would recommend spending your money on this one, unless you anticipate building a lot of basic websites in the near future. But, hey, I only read the first four chapters, maybe it gets better. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Dec 12, 2010 |
Easy to follow, succinct, and gives great examples. This is a wonderful book when just learning HTML, XHTML, and CSS, and is a useful reference guide to keep on your shelf afterward as well. ( )
  bethers1919 | Nov 9, 2008 |
Any book by Elizabeth Castro is worth reading. She is, hands down, the best technical writer working today. If you don't understand it when she gets done explaining it to you, it really is hopeless. :-) ( )
  co_coyote | Mar 27, 2008 |
A great book for beginners, it has lots of pictures and step-by-step instructions to follow. The author's very good about explaining the rules and the exceptions to those rules. ( )
  Tricoteuse | Mar 3, 2008 |
For my parents
(all four of them!)
who didn't always agree,
but who supported me anyway.
The World Wide Web is the Gutenberg press of our time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,454,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible