Histoire d'O by Pauline Reage

Histoire d'O (original 1993; edition 1972)

by Pauline Reage (Auteur)

Series: Regan Reilly (2)

A sequel to Decked, featuring super-sleuth Regan Reilly. A range of avaricious, jealous and sceptical commercial groups all have a good motive for trying to stop the elderly residents of an apartment house in Florida exploiting the patent of an indestructible material for tights and stockings.
Member:Patrick666
Title:Histoire d'O
Authors:Pauline Reage (Auteur)
Info:Livre de Poche (1972)
Collections:Erotique, Your library

Work Information

Snagged by Carol Higgins Clark (1993)

Definite improvement over the first book! Couldn't put it down and read it cover to cover with only a 20min break for dinner. ( )
  Michelle_Boyea | Jun 7, 2019 |
Regan Reilly, private investogator, is attending a wedding in Florida. The bride's Uncle Richie has just invented indestructible pantyhose. He needs to sell them wuickly, as the senior housing complex which he lives in is up for sale. All the residents could be homeless if the million dollars to buy the property can't be raised. A wealthy unscrupulous real estate magnate wants to build a resorr on the property which happens to be in South Beach. A CEO of a pantyhose company dedperately wants to buy the patent to Uncle Ricoe's pantyhose, to keep them off the market. And, someone is trying to harm Rivoe and Regan.

This was a fun silly quick read. I enjoy Higgin's writing style. The characters are fun and quirky, but not in an extreme manner. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Mar 24, 2019 |
I realized as I was reading Snagged that I had started reading this book once before. I don't remember ever finishing the book the last time and I don't know why. I believe it had belonged to someone else and I think I had just picked it up and started reading it at my old job a few years ago. Now that I have my own copy I was able to read it through.

Snagged is number 2 in the Reagan Riley mystery series. When I read this one I didn't feel that you needed to read the first one prior to reading the next one. They are not as a true series just that the main character is always Reagan Riley as the detective. In Snagged you also have the supporting cast of her mother, Nora, who is an author of mysteries, her father Luke, who is a mortician, Richie Blossom who is Reagan's Uncle.

Snagged is about Richie and his newest invention of the perfect pantyhose (now if only this was true!!) His pantyhose are run proof, snag proof, fit perfectly with out bagging at the ankles etc. You name it these hose are what every women dreams of owning and the pantyhose industries worst nightmare. The story takes place in Florida, There is a pantyhose convention and a mortician convention going on at the same time. Richie is trying to sell his pantyhose to save his retirement home the Fourth Quarter. So when Reagan and Richie are almost run over while crossing the street Reagan begins to think that someone is out to kill Richie so that he can't sell his pantyhose to the highest bidder.

I found the book very interesting and easy to follow. The story is well written and very engaging that I felt myself getting excited and nervous at the right moments. I will be picking up more books written my Carol Higgins Clark. ( )
  crazy4reading | Aug 7, 2010 |
Regan is in Miami for a friend's wedding. She meets the bride's uncle who has invented the perfect pair of panty hose and plans to sell his invention at the panty hose convention which just happens to be in Miami the same weekend. I liked this book a lot. Not only did it keep me guessing til the end but it had a great story line. Another great book from Carol Higgins Clark. ( )
  sheriefx | Jun 1, 2010 |

Hachette Book Group

3 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446600768, 0446515485, 0446508748

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,141,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible