You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting…

You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living… (edition 2013)

by Jen Sincero (Author)

Offers a blunt and irreverent guide to achieving the money, relationships, career, and happiness that one desires through recognizing and doing away with self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors.
Member:Sami-Whitt
Title:You Are a Badass®: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Authors:Jen Sincero (Author)
Info:Running Press Adult (2013), Edition: 1, 256 pages

You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero

Great! Inspirational and amusing. ( )
  avdesertgirl | Aug 22, 2021 |
Nothing new or groundbreaking here but I really like her refreshing and straightforward delivery as well as her sense of humor. ( )
  Tracyalanb | Apr 4, 2021 |
This was a very inspiring read and I love the idea of the power of putting positive energy into the universe and living life with an abundance mindset. I read it at the perfect time for my own career transitions and it has been something that has stuck with me since I finished it. ( )
  genthebookworm | Dec 19, 2020 |
Nothing new here, seldom is in self-help, except the voice of the author. I liked that she presented the information with snark and humor. I liked the earthy tone she took. And I really liked how she described herself as someone who came to all of this a deep skeptic who isn’t sorry she drank the kool-aid. I get that because I am that. If you are to, this might be the book for you. ( )
  Colleen5096 | Oct 29, 2020 |
I read this book because some GR friends whose opinion I respect found real value in it, so I am not saying there isn't value here for some. There were actually some good reminders for me. A consistent theme throughout the book, though, is how to get over our relationship problem with money. It seemed clear that the author struggled with feeling good about making money and struggled at times to believe she could make money, but I don't find that to be a predominant problem with my friends and acquaintances. I do believe some struggle in this way, but the author speaks as if everyone has this problem and that it is a central tenet of many individuals' personalities.

I do agree with Jen's supporting corollary that too many of us aim low and aim safe, including myself. She seems to discount, however, the possibility that anyone faces challenges that make a "go for it all" approach unwise. She also seems to ignore those individuals whose life goals are well established and thoughtfully developed in which money is a minor factor. How interesting would life be if money was truly the central theme of everyone's goals?

Love yourself. I know I need to love myself, but it is mentioned in almost every chapter. Over and over again--which leads to my last concern with this book: Jen spends most of her time telling us what to do and little time and energy explaining the why to us. Some of us need more why before we can buy in. ( )
  afkendrick | Oct 24, 2020 |
"Sincero relies on her humor and attitude to make this book as entertaining as a self-help book can be. "

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,436,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible