Ascendant (Ascendant Trilogy Book 1) by…

Ascendant (Ascendant Trilogy Book 1) (edition 2015)

by Rebecca Taylor (Author)

241443,774 (4)None
Member:ilonita50
Title:Ascendant (Ascendant Trilogy Book 1)
Authors:Rebecca Taylor (Author)
Info:Ophelia House (2015), 452 pages
Tags:amazon, kindle

Ascendant by Rebecca Taylor

amazon (1) Kindle (1) Need to Read (1) to-read (18) unread (1) YA (1) yep (1)

This was great, incredibly interesting, dark and scary mystery/crime - I don't even know what genre I would better place it! Somehow at the beginning I missed the point this is a YA and was surprised...The suspense gets built very fast, not explored fully, I mean, the characters could have more depth and developed - the story moves on very fast. I was hoping to get to know what happens and I could not guess ..., I was hoping for Charlotte to be a little bit more sensible, hahaha!
But it was UNIQUE, I have not read anything on this topic before. It also draws the sense how world, one country may be controlled and is a piece of spider's web. How sects work underneath and how influential they are for the rest of the society and one may never know...plus Charlotte wants to find the truth about her mum's disappearance...which makes it so complex. All the findings bring so many loose ends and creates a complex truth at the end.

Four stars because main character at around mid-of the book start to become so annoying at times, throwing herself at the danger, falling right into the trap and aiming for it. I mean, if she knew the family has stolen her belongings and will do everything to kill her if they got a chance - why would you drag yourself there?
Why would you deny any help and crush to the 1st guy you have if you know he is the one you want to be with and LIKE to be with..?
What was it about going for the one who took you away without even asking your opinion, without letting you to express yourself???
These were the faulty parts why I was getting angry at Charlotte and I am looking forward for the next books to seek the explanation I was hoping for, but obviously this is trilogy...and first book can't solve it all, can it? ( )
  ilonita50 | Jul 17, 2017 |

"When Charlotte Stevens, bright but failing, is sent to stay at her mother's childhood home in Somerset England her life is changed forever. While exploring the lavish family manor, Gaersum Aern, Charlotte discovers a stone puzzle box that contains a pentagram necklace and a note from her mother--clues to her family's strange past and her mother's disappearance. Charlotte must try to solve the puzzle box, decipher her mother's old journals, and figure out who is working to derail her efforts--and why. The family manor contains many secrets and hidden histories, keys to the elegant mystery Charlotte called mom and hopefully, a trail to finding her.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,080,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible