Lastman (Tome 6) (French Edition) by Bastien…

Lastman (Tome 6) (French Edition) (edition 2014)

by Bastien Vivès (Author)

Series: Last Man (2)

"Richard Aldana, the mysterious stranger who entered the Games in the first volume of Last Man, continues to defeat all of his competitors, despite his outlandish refusal to use any magic, and to rely solely on martial arts. With young Adrian fighting at his side, he's beginning to look like a likely contender for the Royal Cup. But in a breathtaking twist, everything changes: this world is not what you thought it was, and Richard Aldana is certainly not who he claimed."--Amazon.com.… (more)
Member:skudrulacis
Title:Lastman (Tome 6) (French Edition)
Authors:Bastien Vivès (Author)
Info:Casterman (2015), 216 pages
Rating:****1/2

Last Man 2: The Royal Cup by Bastien Vivès (Author)

English (2)  French (1)  All languages (3)
This second volume of the Last Man (which will make sense only really if you read the first: The Stranger) deals with the remainder of the contest for the Royal Cup.

The main characters, Adrian, a young boy, and his mysterious fighting partner, Richard Aldana, fight their way through the competition. We meet their adversaries along the way, the Royal Family and Adrian’s mother, Marianne plays an important part. Richard’s secret also affects the plot.

This volume also ends on a cliffhanger as there is a third volume where presumably all is resolved.

This comic is made of black-and-white line drawings (in the digital edition anyway). Engaging and entertaining.

Recommended for lovers of martial arts comics.
  PaulAllard | Dec 9, 2015 |
Loving this series! A French author writing a quasi-manga series. It has all the action and plot of a shounen manga but much more character depth and that certain "quelque chose" I love about French comics. This volume brings us to the battle competition and its completion. Intrigue abounds though, especially with the identity of our mystery man. We are given a few hints, though nothing to hang our hat on and by the end of the book we find a cliffhanger ending that shows another character he either knows about or may be from the same origins. I adore these characters and can't wait for the next volume. Kudos to First Second for picking up this popular French comic and bringing it to us in English! ( )
  ElizaJane | Nov 28, 2014 |

Vivès, BastienAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
BalakAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanlaville, MichaëlIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Vivès, BastienIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,638,127 books! | Top bar: Always visible