The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation by Sid…

The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation (2006)

by Sid Jacobson, Ernie Colón

Other authors: Lee Hamilton (Foreword), Thomas H. Kean (Foreword)

This graphic novel is based on the final report provided on 9/11 by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States. This version is a fact-based and beautifully illustrated look at the events leading up to the attacks on 9-11, the attacks themselves, the U.s. response and the commission's recommendations for how to better prepare our country for future issues, as well as steps to take to minimize the possibilities of successful future attacks. I found this book to be an excellent resource for people of all ages, but particularly for students who might be adverse to reading a typical nonfiction book. ( )
  Susan.Macura | May 5, 2019 |
The 911 Report: A Graphic Adaptation ( Sid Jacobson & Ernie Colon) NY: Castlebridge Enterprises: 2006

YA: Informational: 131 PG

Summary: This novels explains how the terrorists plotted the attack on 9/11 and all the preparation prior to the attack. Osama Bin Laden's journey from business man to terrorist leader is explained. The ideas of the terrorist and all the training they did is shared as well.

Critique: Very informative. The images area little harsh, this would be better suited for an older group of students.

Activity (After): What is something new you learned from this book?
  RachaelWilley | Mar 25, 2019 |
I never read the original 9/11 report because it was so long. I tried, but it seemed boring to me. I've read so many books on September 11th, but none like this.I found this one and thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did. The organization was pretty good and easy to follow except for a few small portions. I learned facts that I previously hadn't learned. Every frame was interesting. I would recommend it to all. ( )
  Mischenko | Nov 30, 2017 |
This graphic novel did an excellent job of giving the 9/11 report. I know that the events that day can be hard to take in so this is a very manageable way to understand it. 9/11 was a huge historical event in our nations history and I think this book can be taught with a 9/11 unit to give a better idea to what happened. The timelines were my favorite part. They broke down what specifically happened at what time on each plane. I would recommend this book! ( )
  aw1486 | Oct 30, 2016 |
For those who just cannot face the full report but are interested, this graphic presentation does an excellent job. In the forward to the book, the Commission's Chair, Thomas H. Kean and ViceChair, Lee H. Hamilton, support its format. They felt it was important that the findings of the Commission reach as many Americans as possible.
The graphic format serves the report well. The timelines of the four hijackings and responses to them shown simultaneously on fold out pages are a particular credit to the graphic format. ( )
  geraldinefm | Oct 12, 2013 |

Sid Jacobsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Colón, Erniemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hamilton, LeeForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kean, Thomas H.Forewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
André, EmeliTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"This book is dedicated to the memory of those who lost their lives in the tragedy of 9/11. We hope this book can help the rest of us to understand better what happened that day and in the years leading up to it."
Before 8 o'clock on Tuesday, September 11, 2001, a pleasant and cloudless morning in Boston, two planes, both Boeing 767s, were about to take off from Logan Airport ... and change the history of this nation.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0809057395, Paperback)

Book Description
The 9/11 Report for Every American

On December 5, 2005, the 9/11 Commission issued its final report card on the government’s fulfillment of the recommendations issued in July 2004: one A, twelve Bs, nine Cs, twelve Ds, three Fs, and four incompletes. Here is stunning evidence that Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón, with more than sixty years of experience in the comic-book industry between them, were right: far, far too few Americans have read, grasped, and demanded action on the Commission's investigation into the events of that tragic day and the lessons America must learn.

Using every skill and storytelling method Jacobson and Colón have learned over the decades, they have produced the most accessible version of the 9/11 Report. Jacobson’s text frequently follows word for word the original report, faithfully captures its investigative thoroughness, and covers its entire scope, even including the Commission's final report card. Colón's stunning artwork powerfully conveys the facts, insights, and urgency of the original. Published on the fifth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States, an event that has left no aspect of American foreign or domestic policy untouched, The 9/11 Report puts at every American's fingertips the most defining event of the century.

"Never before have I seen a nonfiction book as beautifully and compellingly written and illustrated as The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation. I cannot recommend it too highly. It will surely set the standard for all future works of contemporary history, graphic or otherwise, and should be required reading in every home, school and library." --Stan Lee
A Statement on The 9/11 Report: A Graphic Adaptation
by Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colón
The cave paintings in Altamira, Spain, tell stories. Mostly they tell tales of the hunt. Drawn during the Paleolithic Stone Age, they still amaze us with their lucidity and directness. As an artist, and as an editor and writer in the graphic medium, we each pay homage to those delineators and interpreters of experience. They offered accounts of what happened and provided a way of remembering, honoring, and learning. When retold by the fire's flickering light, these stories must have lent the drawings a compelling, virtual movement. There is something eerie, but deeply gratifying, in knowing that a direct line runs from our contemporary comic art to these earliest efforts to record and convey what happened. Storyteller, audience, drawings depicting continuity of event: it all sounds familiar. In a culture that has become the most visually oriented in the history of humankind, comics retain the original concept of storytelling and remain a potent force of information. Read more

A graphic novel of the report of the 9/11 Commission reveals the Commission's findings regarding the terrorist attacks on the United States and its recommendations concerning what the United States government needs to do in its wake.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,336,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible