Rushed by Brian Harmon

Rushed

by Brian Harmon

1203150,662 (3.75)1

I got this book free for the Kindle. At first it was a slow read so I put it down for a bit. I'm so glad I decided to pick it back up and give it another shot. I finished it later that night. This book was anything but predictable. Definitely going to be checking out the next book!!! ( )
  gmoore8911 | Sep 11, 2016 |
An intriguingly creepy book. I was on the edge of my seat throughout. Dream world brought to life. ( )
  xscrtchxx | Dec 6, 2014 |
Very slow starting novel and then very unexpected quick ending. An ordinary man begins to have nightmares and wakes every night feeling as if he should be doing something, going somewhere. Finally, he decides to follow his instincts and goes on a journey that will lead him into a journey of darkness and danger. He will see things only dreamt of and meet up with dangerous beings that only are found of in nightmares...his nightmares. But they are real. But he will have help along the way and meet some very interesting characters also. ( )
1 vote wndy2011 | Jan 19, 2014 |

A thirty-one-year-old, happily married high school English teacher from Wisconsin, Eric thought he had life pretty well figured out--until he begins waking up each night from a strange dream that he can't remember, yet fills him with intense dread and a desperate urge to run to his car and drive away, feelings that continue to haunt his every waking moment throughout the day. Determined to prove to himself that he is not going crazy, he decides that the best way to deal with these irrational compulsions is to simply play along. Carrying nothing with him but his quick-witted sense of humor and a cell phone, Eric sets out on what he thinks will be a short drive to clear his head. Instead, he finds himself undertaking a terrifying journey across a fractured Wisconsin. The only way to stop the dream from recurring every night and eventually driving him mad is to relive the dream's forgotten events by walking the length of a fissure between two worlds and locating a mysterious cathedral. Along the way, the details of the dream return as he encounters a menagerie of nightmare creatures, a monster in an old wardrobe, a sprawling mansion with a mind of its own, a neglected church with an unlikely father and much more. Can he reach the cathedral and save himself from the madness of the dream before the foggy man beats him there? Or has Eric had his final nightmare? One way or another, before the day is over, Eric's entire world will change forever.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,532,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible