Diary of a Wimpy Kid

by Jeff Kinney

Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1)

Greg records his sixth grade experiences in a middle school where he and his best friend, Rowley, undersized weaklings amid boys who need to shave twice daily, hope just to survive, but when Rowley grows more popular, Greg must take drastic measures to save their friendship.

English (628)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (4)  French (2)  Arabic (1)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (642)
Sometimes you just have to read something nonsensical. This book fills the bill. It was much better then I expected. I can see why these are popular with pre teens and teens. ( )
  foof2you | Sep 14, 2020 |
Quick, fun read, perfect for kids who might need a de-stressing break from school right now. ( )
  bookwyrmm | Sep 4, 2020 |
I can't stand this mean, entitled little punk. I'm actually glad these will circulate on their own because I'm really not sure I could recommend them myself. Ick. Yeah, yeah, target audience, something something real life middle school, but I just can't get past the horrible narrator. ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a kid named Gregg Hefley and is friend Rowley Jefferson. The two boys or teenagers as they like to say are in middle school. Basically the first book is about them going tricker treating and they were chased by some mean high school kids. So they run into their grammas house and hide while there grandma isn't there. But Rowley let out a big secret and told them that the teenagers that Greggs grandma wasn't there. The teenagers waited and waited until they came and accidently scratch there truck. The kids managed to escape and ran off. But the teenagers went there school and made them eat the cheese. The cheese was a highly nasty thing. It goes on from generation to generation that if you touched the cheese that you would have the cheese touch! The teenagers made Rowley eat it. Rowley ate it and then a whole swarm of people came by. But Gregg was a good friend and said that he ate it.

added by Dawson.dbes1541 | editgermany, beshears.dawson (Oct 27, 2011)

Unusual, Funny.

The author shows good words, punctiation and very funny lines..
added by tylermurray | editSaint John, Canada, Tyler Murray

Is contained in

Is abridged in

Para mamãe, papai, Re, Scott e Patrick
To Mom, Dad, Re, Scott, and Patrick
Em primeiro lugar, quero esclarecer uma coisa: isto é um LIVRO DE MEMÓRIAS, não um diário.
First of all, let me get something straight: This is a JOURNAL, not a diary.
Let me just say for the record that I think middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented. You got kids like me who haven't hit their growth spurt yet mixed in with these gorillas who need to shave twice a day. And then they wonder why bullying is such a big problem in middle school.
The Latin translation of this book (Commentarii de Inepto Puero) should NOT be combined with the main work (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), under the "dead languages" exception in the combining rules.

This book is presented in diary form and is packed with humor that both kids and adults will enjoy and find appropriate. It is a great way to get the hesitant reader excited about books!

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330383X, 0670074926

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,711,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible