Veronica Mars: An Original Mystery by Rob…

Veronica Mars: An Original Mystery by Rob Thomas: The Thousand-Dollar Tan… (edition 2014)

by Rob Thomas (Author)

Member:Katie_H
Title:Veronica Mars: An Original Mystery by Rob Thomas: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line
Authors:Rob Thomas (Author)
Info:Vintage (2014), 336 pages
Tags:Read, Fiction

The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas

Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe (superant)
    superant: detective sleuth young woman

I'm so late to the marshmellow thing, but I am a convert! And I really did like this book, as long as it is just a starting point. Anyone go back and reread other 'first in a series' books? They aren't always awesome and can have a lot of exposition. But anyway-as a VMars fan and a mystery fan, I really liked it. I have hope for bigger, more complex story arcs in the future (like Anne Perry's series) and more Wallace and Mac! They need more space and love, both in the book, and in the story. I'm really glad I bought this book, and I'm looking forward to the next. Don't let us down, Rob Thomas! ( )
  puglibrarian | Jul 24, 2019 |
Initial thoughts- I'm glad to have more Veronica, but the prose style is a bit offputting so far. A bit dense, overly descriptive, where I was hoping for clever and snappy. Hopefully that's just the setup. I think first person would have worked better. Anyway, fingers crossed, I really want to love this book!

Final Review- So, this was a great book. A twisty clever mystery, witty one-lines, nice character study, thrilling action, awesome characters. It had that Veronica Mars spark. It was nice to get more of a glimpse into Veronica's head too, though I still think 1st person would have been better, to get maximum Veronica. And the scene descriptions were a bit heavy and cliched. It starts where the movie left off, which was probably the right choice (though prequels of high school Veronica would be cool too). Whilst great, it was still nowhere near the quality of a Veronica Mars TV episode. I think TV's a better medium. And at LEAST 50% of Veronica's charm comes from Kristen Bell, and the same with the other characters. The LoVe relationship especially was mostly a resultmof the great chemistry between the actors.

So the final verdict? Great read on its own, fills some of those VMars holes left by the end of the show, but ultimately a TV reboot/sequel show would be 100x more exciting. More, more, more! ( )
  Sweet_Serenity | Mar 14, 2019 |
I loved this tv series and this book picks up where the movie ended we get to see all the old gang ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
If I could give it 4.5 stars, I would. Overall, I'm very happy with this installment of Veronica Mars. Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham did an excellent job of putting the essence of the series in novel form. A fun read full of wit and page-turning mystery! ( )
  allriledup | Aug 11, 2018 |
Not a bad summer read, but probably a little disappointing for longtime Veronica Mars fans. The book lacked a lot of the snark and personality that made the show (and film) so entertaining. You'll never hear me say this about any other book, but I think this could have been better if it was written in first person instead of third person. That would have made it more recognizable, I guess. ( )
  captainmander | Jul 19, 2018 |

Thomas, Robprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Graham, JenniferAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bell, KristenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all the Veronica Mars Kickstarter backers. You're like the people who clapped loud enough to bring Tinker Bell back from the dead. Except instead of clapping, you sent money. And instead of a tiny blond fairy, you resurrected a tiny blond detective.
The buses began to roll into Neptune, California, late Friday afternoon and didn't slow up until Monday.

The first book in an original mystery series featuring twenty-eight-year-old Veronica Mars, back in action after the events of Veronica Mars: The Movie. With the help of old friends—Logan Echolls, Mac Mackenzie, Wallace Fennel, and even Dick Casablancas—Veronica is ready to take on Neptune’s darkest cases with her trademark sass and smarts.

Final title and cover to be announced.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:52 -0400)

"The first book in an original mystery series featuring twenty-eight-year-old Veronica Mars, back in action after the events of Veronica Mars: The Movie. With the help of old friends--Logan Echolls, Mac Mackenzie, Wallace Fennel, and even Dick Casablancas--Veronica is ready to take on Neptune's darkest cases with her trademark sass and smarts. Final title and cover to be announced"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,317,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible