The Kiss of Deception: The Remnant…

The Kiss of Deception: The Remnant Chronicles, Book One (edition 2014)

by Mary E. Pearson (Author)

Series: Remnant Chronicles (1)

"On the morning of her wedding, Princess Lia flees to a distant village. She settles into a new life, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive--and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deception abounds, and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets--even as she finds herself falling in love"--… (more)
Member:SandSing7
Title:The Kiss of Deception: The Remnant Chronicles, Book One
Authors:Mary E. Pearson (Author)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2014), Edition: Reprint, 497 pages
Rating:****1/2

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

Series (7)

English (70)  Dutch (1)  All languages (71)
I read the first chapter of this book, and was immediately hooked. This book got me in to reading, and was also the fastest I have ever read. Mary E. Pearson's writing is magnificent, and the world building was really well done. I was in shock when I read the part with the main plot twist, and it left me confused, but once I got it I felt overwhelmed with emotions, in a good way. I would recommend this book to new readers, and also long time readers. I enjoyed reading it, and it felt like I was really there within the story. It warmed my heart, and was an adventure for my mind. I will definitely be reading this again. ( )
  Anna.K.Artamonova | Jun 14, 2021 |
This book is so stupid and I love it so much. It cured my just-turned-30 crisis. I listened to the audiobook and it was fantastic. The amount of YA and fantasy tropes stuffed into this book is incredible. I gasped out loud at certain twists. I enjoyed every freaking minute. What a ride! What a fantastic love triangle! What a magnificently entertaining book! Twelve out of five stars. I haven't enjoyed myself so much in months. ( )
  hctbrown | Mar 12, 2021 |
Rating: 97% (4.85 stars) ( )
  melonah | Jan 9, 2021 |
I enjoyed this book but found the first half a little slow to get going. But when it did I was fully engrossed in the story. I am not sure how I feel about the love triangle. Lia was an interesting character. I loved Rafe and enjoyed learning about Kayden. I admired the world building and will be carrying on with the series. ( )
  AndreaWay | Nov 15, 2020 |
Really enjoyed. Bit different, quite funny also quite sad, a few very very moving scenes. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |

Mary E. Pearsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gesell, RyanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Guest, Kim MaiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heyborne, KirbyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, Ann MarieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rankin, EmilyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the boy who took a chance, For the man who made it last
Today was the day a thousand dreams would die and a single dream would be born.

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,463,038 books! | Top bar: Always visible