Great Little Gifts to Knit: 30 Quick and Colorful Patterns

by Jean Moss

"This book instructs on knitted projects to give as gifts"--

I've already begun choosing my holiday knits from this book. There's a nice variety of gifts, different things than are usually offered. I can't wait to start knitting! ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
I'm a little confused because I vividly remember reviewing this book, going through all the patterns & adding my thoughts and comments about each one, and I can't find a copy of my review anywhere either online or on my hard drive. So here I am trying to recreate it, playing catch up as I am always doing.

I love Jean Moss's designs and I'm always looking for "gift" related patterns. I only knit for a few people & usually socks, because generally speaking those are the only items that anyone ever appreciates (it's why I knit a lot for charity). This book has a lot of gift giving ideas that maybe, just maybe might actually be appreciated by family.

Patterns are clearly written, terms and abbreviations are explained, and items are well photographed. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Absolutely the ugliest designs I have ever seen. Items are knitted in yarns that are too heavy for the patterns. The items presented are in ghastly colors. No one I know would be caught dead in stuff that looks like this.

I received a review copy of Great Little Gifts to Knit by Jean Moss (The Taunton Press) through Netgalley.com. ( )
  Dokfintong | Jun 28, 2014 |
Does what it says on the cover - instructions for 30 quick.colourful little gift-knits are contained within the book. Some of these don't appeal to me, but then that's the nature of the book which actually does have plenty of choice for everyone. Pictures are clear and contents are divided into 'baby', 'hers', 'his' and 'home' for quickly accessing the appropriate gifts section. Quick knits makes you want to gather your needles and yarn together and get cracking ( )
  bibliobeck | Apr 29, 2014 |
Although not a book for beginners, this is a great resource for the more experienced knitter. It contains a wide variety of patterns with great designs for babies, women, men, the home, and even the family dog. Patterns utilize beads, specialty yarns, and put a new twist on several traditional forms such as mitts and boleros. Beautiful color illustrations motivate the knitter to start casting on right away. An appendix of techniques is illustrated and easy to follow. This would be a nice addition to the experienced knitter's collection. ( )
  DrApple | Mar 4, 2014 |

"This book instructs on knitted projects to give as gifts"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,082,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible