The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven King

by Maggie Stiefvater

I am a wreck. This should come as no surprise, but here I am, at a complete loss as to what to do with myself now.

This book, and this series, is the closest I've ever come to seeing my soul spelled out the page. That's melodramatic as fuck to say, but it's the truth.

I'm gonna go wash my face now, since the tears are starting to dry and I'm a fucking mess. I couldn't be happier. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |
Somebody hold me. I can't believe it is finished. Five glowing stars. This is one of the best series I've ever read. Period. I can't wait to see what Stiefvater does next. ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
This review can also be found on my blog.
cw: racism

While I'm bummed to see this series come to an end (although I believe there is an additional novella out and potentially a new series coming out?), I thought this was a really nice way to wrap things up. I've been working my way pretty slowly through the books and left a lot of time between reading each so I wouldn't binge them and get sick of it (as I've been known to do). It's hard for me to write a traditional review of this, because all I want to do is gush about it. I care so, so deeply about all of these characters and can envision all of their mannerisms and I think Maggie is such a talented writer. She's definitely going on my must-read list and I'm excited to see what kind of work she has in store for us in the future. ( )
  samesfoley | Jan 19, 2019 |
I am going to miss these characters and this magical story. Such a great series, and completely different from other YA fantasy I have read. I loved every minute of my time in Henrietta and Cabeswater. ( )
  sprainedbrain | Dec 1, 2018 |
This past month has been my foray back into Maggie Stiefvater's work, and I forgot how absolutely lyrical her writing is. She's often given the title "Master Storyteller" and for good reason. Every single one of her books is woven so smoothly together, giving the reader all of the right pieces at the right time, inserting a magical quality that's entirely believable.

One thing I specifically like about this final book in the series was the way that you could see the development in the characters. The well-developed characters help to flesh out the emotions that emanate from the book, the emotions that draw you into the story and won't let you go until it's over. Stiefvater expertly shifts between characters throughout the text, showing how the darkness seeps into each aspect of the story. Stiefvater's plot is poetic and original, living through the complex characters she creates. Overall, a fantastic ending to a well-crafted series.

See more of my thoughts at Between-the-Shelves.com! ( )
  Amanda7 | Oct 12, 2018 |
To sleep, to swim, and to dream, for ever.
— ALGERNON CHARLES SWINBURNE, “A SWIMMER’S DREAM”
These signs have mark’d me extraordinary;
And all the courses of my life do show
I am not in the roll of common men.
— WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE, HENRY IV
Darling, the composer has stepped into fire.
— ANNE SEXTON, “THE KISS”
For Sarah,
who gallantly took the Seat Perilous
Richard Gansey III had forgotten how many times he had been told he was destined for greatness.

All make way for the
Raven King. Nothing will be
as it was before.
(passion4reading)

Not believing in true love, Blue never thought the warning that she will cause her true love's death would be a problem, but as her life is entangled in the world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,167,565 books! | Top bar: Always visible