Living The 7 Habits: The Courage To Change…

Living The 7 Habits: The Courage To Change (original 1999; edition 2000)

by Stephen R. Covey (Author)

To live with change, to optimize change, you need principles that don't change. I cannot fully describe the respect and reverence I have for every person who has contributed a story, for their willingness to share their inward struggles to live by universal and self-evident principles.-- Stephen R. CoveyFeaturing the AuthorIn the ten years since its publication,The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Peoplehas become a worldwide phenomenon, with more than twelve million readers in thirty-two languages. The principles it teaches are more relevant than ever in today's uncertain world.Living The 7 Habits: Stories of Courage and Inspirationcaptures the essence of people's real-life experiences, applying proven principles to help them solve their problems and overcome challenges. In this uplifting and riveting collection of stories, listeners will find wonderful examples of hope and encouragement as they are touched by the words of real people and their experiences of change -- change that got them through difficult times; change that solved family crises; change that mended broken relationships; change that turned their businesses around; change that influenced entire communities.The listener's understanding is enhanced by the personal commentary and added insights of Dr. Stephen R. Covey, as he explains how the application of his principles aided each situation. Whether you have read his previous works or not, these touching and powerful stories will enthrall and inspire you with an energizing recognition of your own freedom, potential, and power.… (more)
Member:JDxvf
Title:Living The 7 Habits: The Courage To Change
Authors:Stephen R. Covey (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster UK (2000), Edition: UK ed., 336 pages

Work Information

Living the 7 Habits by Stephen R. Covey (1999)

A good follow up to 7 Habits as it gives practical examples of how to apply the 7 habits. ( )
  Neale | Dec 22, 2007 |
Living the Seven Habits is a compilation of real-life stories about how people have implemented the Seven Habits in their family and professional lives. It follows two other books: the seminal Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and the more nuts and bolts First Things First.

I enjoyed this book because the stories were inspiring and good reminders to practice the Seven Habits. But I could not relate to most of the stories directly because, while they involve universal principals (the Seven Habits), the specifics of the stories are far removed from my life. Many of the stories concern raising children, dealing with enormous adversity, or working in large companies. I have no children, am blessed with a pretty easy life, and work for myself. Because I could relate to these stories only on a theoretical level, I preferred the first two books, both of which are more abstract than anecdotal.
  RoseCityReader | Apr 10, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,579,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible