Management by Peter F. Drucker

Member:AC.Belgrade
Title:Management
Authors:Peter F. Drucker
Other authors:Joseph A. Maciariello
Info:New York, NY : Collins, c2008.

Management: Tasks, Responsibilities, Practices by Peter F. Drucker

One of the most valuable books I have ever read. My only regret - I am 48 - I wish I had read it 20 years ago.
Still - I can still use this as I map out the rest of my professional life and mentor others. ( )
  Scarchin | Feb 25, 2015 |
If you read other books by Drucker, you'll probably find some of the ideas in the book familiar. However, this is a comprehensive volume, and as such provides a full picture. The last chapters are probably the most valuable, since they provide some personal advice and Drucker's personal stories.
  kostja | Apr 21, 2013 |
One of my favorite textbooks ever, very applicable to life, pleasant to read. If you are in any way a manager, you should read Drucker. ( )
  smitten1054 | May 25, 2010 |
A very encouraging book. A long read, however extremely straight forward. Great from a job and organizational design standpoint. Great insight into "non-domain-specific know-how for management." Learn how to ask the right questions about your company. A must read for business. ( )
  markdeo | Apr 17, 2009 |

Management is an organized body of knowledge. "This book," in Peter Drucker'swords, "tries to equip the manager with the understanding, the thinking, the knowledge and the skills for today'sand also tomorrow's jobs." This management classic has been developed and tested during more than thirty years of teaching management in universities, in executive programs and seminars and through the author's close work with managers as a consultant for large and small businesses, government agencies, hospitals and schools. Drucker discusses the tools and techniques of successful management practice that have been proven effective, and he makes them meaningful and easily accessible.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:13 -0400)

An analysis of managerial performance, skills, organization, and strategies based primarily on the author's experience as a consultant for American businesses

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,977,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible