Wayward: Wayward Pines: 2 (The Wayward Pines…

Wayward: Wayward Pines: 2 (The Wayward Pines Trilogy) (edition 2022)

by Blake Crouch (Author)

Series: Wayward Pines (2)

Fiction. Science Fiction. Suspense. Thriller. HTML:The second book of the smash-hit Wayward Pines trilogy, from the New York Times bestselling author of Dark Matter, Recursion, and Upgrade
Itâ??s the perfect town . . . as long as you donâ??t try to leave.
/>

Nestled amid picture-perfect mountains, the idyllic town of Wayward Pines is a modern-day Edenâ??at least at first glance.
Except that within its fences, the residents are told where to work, how to live, and who to marry. None of them know how they got here. Some believe they are dead. Others think theyâ??re trapped in an unfathomable experiment. Everyone secretly dreams of leaving, but those who dare face a terrifying surprise.
As sheriff, Ethan Burke is tasked with enforcing the townâ??s laws, and heâ??s one of the few entrusted with the truthâ??even though, for all his knowledge, heâ??s as much a prisoner of Wayward Pines as anyone else.
But when a murder investigation draws him deeper into the townâ??s inner workings, Ethan learns that its past is darker than even he suspectedâ??and finds himself faced with an impossible choice.
The second novel in Blake Crouchâ??s blockbuster trilogy, Wayward delves deeper into the irresistible mysteries and horrors of this perfect little town, even as it asks what it means to live with secretsâ??and w… (more)
Member:asena
Title:Wayward: Wayward Pines: 2 (The Wayward Pines Trilogy)
Authors:Blake Crouch (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2022), 368 pages
Rating:****1/2

Work Information

Wayward by Blake Crouch

Fun and exciting, even if you have to stretch the heck out of your imagination to believe it. I'm enjoying the ride though, so I'll wait until I finish the last book until judgement.

Can't believe I passed on these books when they first came out because I thought they were about aliens. ( )
  rabbit-stew | Dec 31, 2023 |
Not as good as the first book in the series but quite entertaining nonetheless. ( )
  Tosta | Dec 25, 2023 |
'Pines' was a really good read, and 'Wayward' did not disappoint in any way either.

I found both books totally unputdownable, any spare moment my head would be glued to my Kindle reading.

The story keeps on having more layers and twists added to it as more information from the time before suspension is revealed -- all to be played out in Wayward Pines.   And the characters just get better the more we learn about them as Blake artfully drip feeds the occasional back story snippet from their previous lives.

Full on story telling from a full on story teller.

And now it's straight into 'The Last Town' for the finale. ( )
  5t4n5 | Aug 9, 2023 |
This book was better than the first
More explanation and more action ( )
  zmagic69 | Mar 31, 2023 |
In this 2nd installment of the Wayward Pines series, Ethan is now sheriff of the town. He knows what's going on behind the scenes but has to play it cool, has to straddle the good with the bad. And if that means playing the part of double agent, that's what he'll do.

I started this directly on the heels of finishing the first book, so now they both kind of run together for me. I thought the first half was just okay, but things really picked up during the second half of the book and swept me up in the plot. I kind of liked the way this book ended, as disturbing as it was. Theoretically, this could be a 2-book series. But I know there has to be a resolution of some sort to appease many readers, so I'll probably continue on with book #3. ( )
  indygo88 | Mar 18, 2023 |
BLOODY DISGUSTING bloody-disgusting.com
[BEST & WORST '13] Top 10 Horror Novels of the Year!

1. Wayward, by Blake Crouch
(September 17; Thomas & Mercer)

Book two of the best horror/sci-fi series you haven’t been reading. Blake Crouch’s brilliantly paced, meticulously plotted novels––about the mysterious developments in ‘Wayward Pines‘, an isolated, heavily surveilled mountain town–– deserve a much wider audience. With M. Night Shyamalan’s Fox mini-series arriving in 2014, Crouch and ‘Wayward Pines’are about to hit the big time.

Belongs to Series

Itâ??s the perfect town . . . as long as you donâ??t try to leave.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,325,950 books! | Top bar: Always visible