Spook Squad

Series: PsyCop (7)

11020252,445 (4.29)2
Fantasy. Fiction. Literature. LGBTQIA+ (Fiction.) HTML:

… (more)

I have conflicting emotions about this latest book featuring our favorite psycop Victor Bayne. Once again he steps up to the plate and performs beautifully when push comes to shove. His inherent goodness and resolve shine through despite his insecurities, making me like him more and more. But I also found said insecurities to be extremely frustrating and at times, such a hindrance! Secrets abound causing paranoia and distrust where one step forward results in three steps back.

Be assured that Vic and Jacob continue to be one hot item (more please). Their relationship - both personal and professional - grow to new heights as they discover they're literally made for each other in unexpected ways than either imagined.

This was basically about trust. Who to trust? When to trust? Vic wants answers, needs answers. How far will he go to get the truth? How much does he reveal of himself as he continues to evolve and acquire new psychic powers? I'm reassured that this isn't the last book in the series, especially as Vic's eyes are opened to a whole new world where he can do the most good. He finally finds a purpose and I'm very eager to see how the next chapter in his life unfolds, hoping this new change brings forth more confidence, initiative and Jacob time.

Thanks again to Sofia and Ingela for letting me tag along! ( )
  A_Reader_Obsessed | Apr 21, 2024 |
This is such a great series!

Spook Squad is really good. I mean, Vic's still Vic, but circumstances are conspiring to force him to grow into what he can really do. And Jacob! Everyone needs a Jacob, seriously. Even his imperfections are perfect. Great characters get greater/stranger/better, and now...

I'm so pleased, I high-five myself; I made this last a perfect amount of time. I just learned of the novel that spins out Crash's story due out in a few days that happens co-current with this one, before PsyCop #8. Yes! ( )
  terriaminute | Dec 4, 2022 |
3.5 rounded up...

It’s hard to admit, because I’m a big fan of this series, but… I found the first half of this book so BORING I had to pause multiple times. ( )
  claudiereads | Nov 25, 2022 |
This my favorite book of the series to date. ( )
  fuzzipueo | Apr 24, 2022 |
5 star for the audio
2 stars for the story

It's me and not the book!! Will just be over here soaking in shame!

Oi! This was such a letdown. Honestly if it wasn't for Gomez’s narration, this would have been a dnf.

I found this book 60% of this book very boring. The writing was amazing , but this one had too much information.

What I Liked

-Vic as usual and him being his sarcastic charming self.

-Vic and Jacob as a couple, they have an amazing chemistry and are hot together.

-The writing was good too.

What I didn’t Like

-LISA!! Ugh! She is the most annoying, infuriating character ever. And her dating Dreyfus?? That was so far-fetched and unbelievable. What was with her camping in Vic’s living? Agrrrhhh! I want her to disappear.

-The mystery, Oh! lord! it was a mystery within a mystery within a mystery, at some point I got lost.

-The story is no longer paranormal, it has ventured into Sci-Fi territory.

My Major Dislike

MINI RANT!

-This book is about Vic and Jacob, and these two were not given page time. There is only one sex scene, one freaking sex scene!!!! I wanted to scream at this !! I mean Lisa and Dreyfus spent more time together than Vic and Jacob. I was ok with book 6 having one sex scene because at least we had Vic and Jacob spending precious moments together.

Overall I will give this 2.5 stars rounded up. It was one hell of a disappointment. I need a book with very hot sex scenes next. ( )
  Shile.J | Apr 19, 2021 |

Price, Jordan CastilloAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pugh, GomezNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

PsyCop (7)

Fantasy. Fiction. Literature. LGBTQIA+ (Fiction.) HTML:

Everyone enjoys peace and tranquility, and Victor Bayne is no exception. He goes to great lengths to maintain a harmonious home with his partner, Jacob. Although the cannery is huge, it's grown difficult to avoid the elephant in the room...the elephant with the letters FPMP scrawled on its hide. Once Jacob surrendered his PsyCop badge, he infiltrated the Federal Psychic Monitoring Program. In his typical restrained fashion, he hasn't been sharing much about what he actually does behind its vigilantly guarded doors. And true to form, Vic hasn't asked. In fact, he would prefer not to think about the FPMP at all, since he's owed Director Dreyfuss an exorcism since their private flight to PsyTrain. While Vic has successfully avoided FPMP entanglement for several months, now his debt has finally come due.

Jordan Castillo Price is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,409,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible