365 Teacher Secrets for Parents: Fun Ways to Help Your Child Succeed in…

by Cindy McKinley

1261,295,336 (4.5)None
This reference book, written by two experienced and successful (and, frankly, brilliant and talented) elementary school teachers, provides a day-by-day set of practical ideas and activities that parents can do at home with their elementary school-age children to help them become better students while also having fun.… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book via Early Reviewers. Initially, I wanted this book to see if there were any teacher secrets I hadn't learned yet (there wasn't). Great book to loan to parents. Very well written. ( )
  sara1022 | Nov 14, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a concise, very basic, and simple book with tips for engaging school aged children. In some ways, it may be too common sense for those with practical experience or training in the field. But for others, especially home school parents, this book may provide just the perfect combination of ideas and simplicity to become a useful tool. ( )
  MrStrand | Oct 23, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
At first glance I was disappointed because this book is full of what I consider "common sense" things then I realized that no two people share the same base of knowledge. From that point of view, I believe this is a great resource to share with parents so they can take charge and help their children become successful during the school years.
  mestinson | Oct 4, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The book, 365 Teacher Secrets for Parents by Cindy McKinley and Patti Trombly, is great reference book filled with common sense ideas to excite elementary children into a world of learning. Some of the ideas might serve as reminders to parents who are long removed from elementary education. Other ideas are creative and could only have come from seasoned teachers. The book is not limited to regurgitating information as so much of education, but includes critical thinking skills that often become life-changing activities. This book should be in every educators library, whether in public school or home school, as well as any family library where the parents are truly concerned about their child’s education. ( )
  RedSable | Sep 9, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is FANTASTIC. As a parent of two children in elementary school I am always looking to keep them engaged and keep them learning. This book is full of great ideas and suggestions on how to do just that but in everyday ways such as handling a shopping list, backyard science, spelling strategies with newspapers, and so much more.

I would recommend this book to all parents with children and think it would also make a wonderful gift for any family with children getting ready to start school. I also love the meaningful quotes that are on almost every page. It is a well laid out book that you will use over and over. ( )
  npl8261 | Sep 8, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cindy McKinley's book 365 Teacher Secrets for Parents: Activities for Student Success in Elementary School was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,850,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible