Mrs. Noodlekugel and Four Blind Mice

by Daniel Pinkwater

Series: Mrs. Noodlekugel (2)

491425,940 (4)None
When Mrs. Noodlekugel's four mice make a terrible mess with cookie crumbs at tea, she decides to take them on the bus to visit the eye doctor -- and invites Nick and Maxine to come along!

Puget Sound Council for the Review of Children's Media: https://pscreviews.org
Mrs. Noodlekugel is just what I need for those strong readers we find in kindergarten and first grade. Obviously from the title, there are multi-syllable words in this book. It took me some time to think about who Mrs. Noodlekugel reminded me of--Mrs. Piggle Wiggle! She's that grandmotherly type neighbor who literally makes magic happen. The absurd seems normal around her. This is the second book in the series. It's not necessary to have read the first to enjoy this one. Nick and Maxine live in one of the apartment buildings that surround Mrs. Noodlekugels cute little house. And just like Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and Mary Poppins she's there to bring magic into their lives. They visit her m the four mice she lives with and her talking cat, Mr. Fuzzface. When the mice start dropping their food all over the table, Mrs. Noodlekugel takes them to the optometrist who successfully diagnoses their problem and makes eye glasses for them. When the four mice scamper out to explore (after a sugar high from the cheesecake at Dirty Sally's Lunchroom) Mr. Fuzzface gets the happiest surprise of his life. PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT. I haven't been a fan of Daniel Pinkwater's for some time, but this series changes. Please, Mr. Pinkwater, more adventures of Mrs. Noodlekugel. And a bing hurray for Adam Stower's artwork. ( )
  brangwinn | Nov 3, 2013 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,441,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible