Maps

by Aleksandra Mizielinska, Daniel Mizielinski (Author)

Provides an illustrated collection of maps covering the continents and major nations of the world, detailing cities, landmarks, and cultural icons for each.

English (13)  Italian (1)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (16)
This beautifully detailed atlas uses colorful illustrations to highlight the natural resources, cultures, geographies, and histories of many different countries around the world. Flags of the World
  NCSS | Jul 23, 2021 |
4 stars? 5 stars? This is so joyous--I want to cover my apartment in all these maps. While I understand this is not meant to be a complete world atlas, I was a little perplexed that the creators skipped almost entirely over the Middle East region (excepting Jordan) and the Caribbean. Still. SO AWESOME. ( )
  LibroLindsay | Jun 18, 2021 |
A handsome collection of intricate and playfully detailed maps of countries around the world, perfect for the young armchair traveler. An absolutely delightful, informative, entertaining, visual wonder that's ideal for hours of pleasurable and educational browsing. ( )
1 vote Sullywriter | May 22, 2015 |
I didn't examine every single page of this book, but the pages I did examine were fascinating. I especially enjoyed the animals and foods from each country, the basic info (size, population, country's name in its own language, common male and female names, native dress), and the neat labels.

It's unclear how they decided which countries to include. About half of South America is missing, most of Central America, most of Africa and the Middle East.

The endpapers at the front of the book show a map that serves as the table of contents, while the endpapers at the back of the book include flags for all the countries.

Re-read September 2018 ( )
  JennyArch | Mar 18, 2015 |
a map lover's dream. I love this as an adult and as a map obsessed child that I was this would've been incredible informational experience to me then also. really pleasing art work, lovely colouring and fascinating details. of course they couldn't do every country but there were a few omissions that I wish they'd done, like Indonesia (300 million people there!), and in the near East Asia at the expense of some of the many European countries like Belgium and Romania, as nice as those places are I'm sure, some big, diverse, highly populated places were left of in their favour. ( )
  jsv | Sep 30, 2014 |

Roots, KaidiTõLkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rubio García, ErnestoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schlesinger, GeorgeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Weiler, ThomasÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Quelques détails sur plusieurs versions :

et

et

https://docs. google.com/spreadsheets/d/10kyV3pZi7qyrakOKUBG5REy3lAdE4ILNn6-ceZqWpws/edit#gid=0

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,159,368 books! | Top bar: Always visible