Grim (Tornians, #1) by M.K. Eidem

Grim (Tornians, #1)

by M.K. Eidem

Series: Tornians (1)

Fun read

Really enjoyed Grimm and Lisa's story and loved Mika And Carly as well will just say the book could do with a proof read as there were quite a lot of mistakes but overall an enjoyable read . ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
Great story. Needed editing - past vs passed was a constant irritation... ( )
  Teenycakes | Sep 27, 2015 |
almost 5 stars

I hadn't read anything by this author before but when I saw that this book was ranked similarly to sci-fi romance books I'd read, I decide to try a sample then ended up purchasing it.

At it's heart, this is an enjoyable story if interactions between alien men and earth women are what you're wanting to read. Mars men want and need Earth women - favorite trope of mine.

The characters, plot and details are strongly developed and come together well. Grim, Lisa and their daughters create their happy ending, learning about each other and their cultures as the book progresses. The secondary characters are appealing. I'd love to read Kim and Wray's story sometime and see some of the other women find happiness as they shake up alien culture.

Word selection, grammar are not yet M.K.'s strength but will hopefully improve with time and practice.

The main reason for the 4 stars rather than 5 stars is the use of present tense throughout the story. Prior to this story, I would have said that tense didn't matter and that I primarily read for well developed characters and plot. But I did find the present tense jarring, creating a barrier against more complete submersion in the story.

Despite this, I have purchased M.K.'s other story, Cassandra's Challenge even though it also has the same tense issues. As long as plot and characters are interesting, I would purchase and read M.K stories in the future.

cross-posted amazon, goodreads, shelfari
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |

King Grim Vasteri is the strongest and most feared warrior in the Tornian Empire. He is the King of Luda, blood brother to the Emperor, and his line will die with him. He will have no offspring for no female would join with him for once he was scarred he was considered "unfit". The Tornian Empire has been dying ever since the great infection caused the birth of females to become a rarity. Since then they have been searching the known universes for compatible females. The Emperor's discovery of a compatible female on a slave ship changed that. He'd ordered Grim to find his Empress's home world so more "unprotected" females could be obtained, knowing Grim would never be allowed to Join with one.
Lisa Miller is a widowed mother of two little girls, Carly and Miki. Her husband died just a year ago, after a long battle with cancer and she misses him immensely. Friends want her to start dating again but in her heart, she knows there isn't a man on the planet she could love like her Mark. Who could love their girls like their own. Therefore, she'll stay alone.
When Lisa is discovered "unprotected" at her husband's grave, she wakes on an alien ship heading for an alien world. Refusing to accept this she confronts the large males, demanding she be returned to her children. Seeing his chance to have a female, Grim agrees to accept and protect her offspring, if she agrees to Join with him and only him. Realizing this is the only way she can retrieve her children Lisa agrees, and the Tornian Empire changes forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,790,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible