Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo by…

Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo (edition 2013)

by John Lithgow (Author), Leeza Hernandez (Illustrator)

A concert gets out of hand when the animals at the neighboring zoo storm the stage and play the instruments themselves.
Member:MadisonJohnson
Title:Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo
Authors:John Lithgow (Author)
Other authors:Leeza Hernandez (Illustrator)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2013), Edition: Book and CD, 40 pages

Work Information

Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo by John Lithgow

Accompanying his family to an outdoor concert, a young boys falls asleep during the performance, and dreams that the animals from the nearby zoo break out of their cages, storm the stage, and take over the musicians' roles. His younger sister wakes him as the family is leaving, and the boy realizes that the madcap scenes he has been witnessing were part of his dream. Or were they...?

Although actor and children's author John Lithgow has released quite a few picture-books at this point, many of them quite well-received, Never Play Music Right Next to the Zoo is the first I have happened to pick up. I'm glad I did, as I found it quite enjoyable, with a rollicking, rhyming text that would make for an excellent read-aloud, and colorful, entertaining illustrations. The book comes with a CD of Lithgow performing the song whose words make up the text, and although I was not able to listen to the song, I would imagine it can only enhance the experience. Recommended to anyone looking for fun picture-books with rhyming text and a musical theme. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jul 21, 2017 |
nice story ... ( )
  melodyreads | Dec 7, 2013 |

John Lithgowprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hernandez, LeezaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,780,181 books! | Top bar: Always visible