The Chronology of Pattern by Diana Newall

The Chronology of Pattern (2011)

by Diana Newall, Christina Unwin

This might have worked better for me in English. (I read the German translation). I certainly wonder several places what terms were used in the original. Also most of the pictures are from the V&A meaning that even in the non-British selections the choice of items was not what I would have expected. The British emphasis would probably not have been as blatant in English.

Especially in the biography pages, there should have been more illustrations. Over all the choice seemed to be based on chance (or available pictures?) rather than on a plan of what needed to be shown. ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Oct 26, 2013 |

Diana Newallprimary authorall editionscalculated
Unwin, Christinamain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tiarks, SusanneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

This book is a glorious, highly illustrated look at the history of pattern from ancient times up to the present. The book draws the patterns from the worlds of textiles, paintings, manuscripts and architecture. The book is divided into chapters each covering separate centuries.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,369,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible