The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon

The Song Rising (2017)

by Samantha Shannon

This book kept me on my toes from the very beginning. So much action and intensity in this book. I was super anxious almost the whole time. So much at stake! I can't wait for book 4! ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |
I received an early advanced copy of this as a Bone Season Advocate. I will post a full review closer to the publication date March 2017 ( )
  SapphiredDragon | Nov 21, 2017 |
Totally worth the wait. Another great volume in the series, and may the next one come soon! ( )
  JBD1 | May 2, 2017 |
This was the third book in the Bone Season series and the third book that I've read. While I don't remember a lot about the first two books, I do remember the basics. No names, just bits here and there. So, if you haven't read the first two, I don't think that would be a problem reading this one. Apparently, there are going to be a total of seven books in this series.

I found this book to be very entertaining, enjoyable and it really held my interest. There were times when the book would refer to past events, but it would also explain most of what those events were. I really found myself rooting for the Underqueen and her Mime Order especially after hearing what they had gone through in the past and what they were currently going through.

There were a lot of evil people, two especially, who after this group and they were not nice about it all. One person wanted to take over and the other person wanted to do away with them all together. This has been a great series so far, I know I don't remember a lot about the first two books, but I do know that I enjoyed them.

Huge thanks to Bloomsbury for approving my request and to Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  debkrenzer | Jan 30, 2017 |
for the silenced
November 2, 2059 The lights scalded my borrowed eyes.

"Following a bloody battle against foes on every side, Paige Mahoney has risen to the dangerous position of Underqueen, ruling over London's criminal population. But, having turned her back on Jaxon Hall and with vengeful enemies still at large, the task of stabilizing the fractured underworld has never seemed so challenging. Little does Paige know that her reign may be cut short by the introduction of Senshield, a deadly technology that spells doom for the clairvoyant community and the world as they know it . ."--Amazon.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,675,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible