The Sands of Time: A Hermux Tantamoq…

The Sands of Time: A Hermux Tantamoq Adventure (edition 2004)

by Michael Hoeye (Author)

Despite fierce opposition from mouse supremacists and other residents of Pinchester, three mice team up with an old chipmunk to prove that there existed, long before the time of mice, a Cat Kingdom.
Member:adam.rosy
Title:The Sands of Time: A Hermux Tantamoq Adventure
Authors:Michael Hoeye (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2004), Edition: New edition, 288 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:to-read

The Sands of Time: A Hermux Tantamoq Adventure by Michael Hoeye

A nice straightforward adventure. The prose is a little simple and repetitive, but the heroes are so appealing (and the villains so much fun to root against) that I didn't really mind. I'm looking forward to more escapades with Hermux and his friends. ( )
  bostonian71 | Jul 3, 2013 |
Could have been a cute story (mouse investigates the mythical creature called "cat"; adventures ensue), but it was really disjointed. A lot of references to the previous book (which I didn't read) that seemed unnecessary and didn't add anything to this particular story. I actually skimmed about 3/4 of the book just to get it finished and I don't think I missed anything. Could be a good one for kids just learning to read longer books on their own (chapters are only a few pages long), but I don't think it's one that would entertain parents reading to kids, or adults reading on their own. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
The Sands of Time is the second of four books in Michael Hoeye’s “Hermux Tantamoq Adventure” series, and contains the best story of the lot. It tells of Hermux Tantamoq, a mouse who is also a skilled watchmaker. A mysterious chipmunk appears in his shop one afternoon, and needs his help and mechanical skills to uncover the secrets of a lost civilization of cats, which is buried in a desert canyon. Unfortunately, dangerous “mouse supremacists” are determined to stop them, since their discoveries might reveal some truths about mouse history that could threaten the social order. Hoeye’s quirky and satirical sense of humor pervades the book, which is full of uproarious characters like cosmetics magnate Tucka Mertslin, who wears a dress made of live flies. ( )
1 vote aliceinlibrarything | Dec 3, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,358,452 books! | Top bar: Always visible