The Divorce Papers: A Novel by Susan Rieger

The Divorce Papers: A Novel (edition 2014)

by Susan Rieger (Author)

"The story of a high-profile, messy divorce, and the endearingly cynical young lawyer dragooned into handling it, told solely via personal correspondence, office memos, emails, articles, and legal papers"--
Member:tellen81
Title:The Divorce Papers: A Novel
Authors:Susan Rieger (Author)
Info:Broadway Books (2014), 496 pages
Rating:***

The Divorce Papers by Susan Rieger

Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon (Anonymous user)

Great character book. I love the format of the narrative and the quotes for literature. I typically read action or psychological thrillers and this matched them well in the drama/comedy genre. ( )
  FDKreader | Jul 12, 2021 |
Four and a half. While there was a bit too much legalese to wade through, I do so love a good epistolary novel. ( )
  MuggleBorn930 | Jul 11, 2021 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a really interesting style of storytelling. It was epistolary, but modern. I did enjoy the story and the arc, although I don't think it will stick with me long-term. Not my favorite book ever, but still worth reading. ( )
  rainbowdarling | May 3, 2021 |
I am really wishing for half stars on this one. The truer ranking would be 3.5. I loved the emails and hand written notes, the characters, and the general narrative arc. The forms and paper work I just skimmed. Everything (everyone) also just seemed far too earnest, but still not a bad read. ( )
  mbellucci | Apr 10, 2021 |
I love an epistolary novel. I think I just like reading other people's mail. Legally. And this had it all. Sophie is a relatively newly minted criminal attorney dragged into a divorce case representing the wife of a couple who are interesting. It was easy to read and a very satisfying story. ( )
  susandennis | Jun 5, 2020 |

Susan Riegerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rieger, SusanAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,415,573 books! | Top bar: Always visible